Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2005, 10:03 AM

Default Re: NASA Jackasses

[ QUOTE ]
Every politician believe that now that were they we should stay there till we finish the job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa. And you asked if I was dumb (in another thread)? You've got two problems: knowledge and presentation.

-ptmusic
Old 07-29-2005, 10:07 AM

Way to change the subject to typos, an error which eveyone makes.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Way to change the subject to typos, an error which eveyone makes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, I said you had TWO problems. If it was only a presentation problem, I wouldn't have mentioned it (although not "eveyone" [sic] makes as many errors as you).

The other, more important, problem in your quote in my last post is that it is factually incorrect.

-ptmusic
Old 07-29-2005, 10:23 AM

Haha that last error was on purpose to see if you would still wine about a typo, get a life.
Old 07-29-2005, 06:26 PM

Default Re: Coca Cola 13

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you believe that Man would get to the moon faster (or at all) if the project was carried out by private enterprise instead of a government agency such as NASA ?

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends. Is private enterprise doing this as contract work with the government paying for it? In that case, the answer is yes. Is private enterprise doing this as a fully independent project with no government funding? In that case, no, because there's no market incentive (yet) to just send some guy to the moon to plant a flag and hit a golf ball.

[/ QUOTE ]

Highway construction is an excellent example of private enterprises doing contract work for the government. As in, horrible waste and inefficiency.

Why would anyone care about getting to the moon? (Or, I guess since we already did that, to Mars or whatever.) Why should I be forced to pay for something I don't want? Because I had an opportunity to vote for someone that might have said no?

Yay, space. Whatever. When there's value in it, private companies will do it. Until then, it's just cheerleading.
Old 07-30-2005, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Haha that last error was on purpose to see if you would still wine about a typo, get a life.

[/ QUOTE ]

BS. (And you did it again; don't give a BS excuse again).

-ptmusic
Old 07-30-2005, 01:53 AM

Your just too much fun.
Old 07-30-2005, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yay, space. Whatever. When there's value in it, private companies will do it. Until then, it's just cheerleading.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am no expert on the space program, but I believe that quite a few of our technological advances occured as a direct result of knowledge gained from that program.

Could it be done better? Sure.
More efficiently? Of course.

Should we scrap it? No way.

Not if we want to remain in the lead, technologically. Space will become much more important in this century.

It's kind of like when people built the first ships. England was the force to be reckoned with for a long time because they had the best Navy.

We are the force now because we have the best Air Force.

Whoever has the best Space Force will gain a massive advantage over other nations. Why would you let someone else do it?
Old 07-30-2005, 11:11 AM

Yep I agree you can't just scrap the program, we will have a lot of miliatary advantages as a result of space exploration and space knowledge in the future, I just think there is better way to do it than with NASA.
Old 07-30-2005, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Highway construction is an excellent example of private enterprises doing contract work for the government. As in, horrible waste and inefficiency.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally. But they are still less wasteful than if the government were doing it directly.

Best solution: private ownership of roads.