Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 06:20 PM

Default Re: out sourcing IT work to India

IT Outsourcing will cost you 10x what ever amount you think you are saving in the long run.

Quick Example: Party Poker Software and their Customer Non-service = Outsourced.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Biggest and best known company is TCS America Consultancy, or as we call it 'TA TA'. The problem with India is that the price of labor is going up up up because of the money that has made its way over there. The new outsourcing location for the next 10 yrs is going to be Vietnam.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah we used them at the last company I worked for. The code and documentation they wrote for us looked like it came from a bunch of 10 year olds.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:28 PM

Call Dikshit and ask him.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:10 PM

I wasn't being sarcastic, it seems like some people are blindly against outsourcing like it's an incredibly evil thing to do.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I wasn't being sarcastic, it seems like some people are blindly against outsourcing like it's an incredibly evil thing to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll try this just once more. I don't want to highjack cockandbull's thread.

I did not accuse you of sarcasm, nor did I hint that you might be. I was sarcastic in my first post. Admittedly. And purposefully.

What I was pointing to in my second post was that my sarcasm did not seem to be understood as sarcasm by you and another poster. (for the life of me I can't see how anyone who was paying attention could possibly have missed the intent of the first post)

Because of the flow of the thread, I decided to get serious. I thought I explained my position reasonably well. I tried to be concise and forthcoming.

If you are including me as one of "...some people are blindly against outsourcing..." then not only will you never understand my sense of sarcasm, you will never understand a single serious statement I make. In which case I suggest, respectfully, you put me on your Ignore List. I am never blindly for and against anything. I am a First Class Skeptic and Cynic. When I take a position on any issue, it's done with a lot of consideration and thought, and frequently draws on my personal experiences.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cockandbull, I apologize for taking up so much space.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:37 PM

I used rentacoder.com for a small software project and it worked out well. Probably not much good for anything bigger....
Old 10-19-2005, 05:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'll try this just once more. I don't want to highjack cockandbull's thread.

I did not accuse you of sarcasm, nor did I hint that you might be. I was sarcastic in my first post. Admittedly. And purposefully.

[/ QUOTE ] I think accused is the wrong word, I wasn't pissed or anything. I guess I missed the sarcasm in the original post. I don't think it was as clear as you may feel it was.
[ QUOTE ]

What I was pointing to in my second post was that my sarcasm did not seem to be understood as sarcasm by you and another poster. (for the life of me I can't see how anyone who was paying attention could possibly have missed the intent of the first post)

[/ QUOTE ] I misread, because it didn't occur to me that the original post was sarcastic. I actually didn't notice you were the poster of the original statement. It was clear your second post was not anti-outsourcing.
[ QUOTE ]

If you are including me as one of "...some people are blindly against outsourcing..." then not only will you never understand my sense of sarcasm, you will never understand a single serious statement I make.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nope, not saying you're blindly for it, your second post made that clear. As I said, I feel you miscalulated how sarcastic your original post seemed.
[ QUOTE ]

I am never blindly for and against anything. I am a First Class Skeptic and Cynic. When I take a position on any issue, it's done with a lot of consideration and thought, and frequently draws on my personal experiences.

[/ QUOTE ] Come on, man, this reads as a little self indulgent. You're not Socrates. I still like you, though, don't worry.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:43 AM

"What we have here is a failure to communicate."

No foul(s). No problem(s). Peace be with you. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]