Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2005, 04:38 PM

Default Re: 3 guys playing together in our home game....

[ QUOTE ]
Does that say against those hands that KK loses 65% of the time?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and you are still making money. Do you think this is a bad thing?
Old 08-03-2005, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What you dont understand is that I've done that and gotten beat. I sit there and wait on QQ, KK, or AA. Then when I get it I raise PF and they ALL stay in. At that point my odds are terrible. A bad hand ends up winning bc they're all in the hand. See what I'm saying?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm...no, I don't understand what you're saying and you obviously don't understand poker.

AA is a monster hand that will will big money no matter how many people are in the hand. The fundamentals of poker don't change just because a number of people play every hand to the river. In fact, that is the easiest game on the planet to beat.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the advice Runner Runner. So you don't think it would be a good idea for all of us to get together and ALL call anytime one of them raises to have 12/14 cards vs. 6?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, just play good poker and if the game is fair you will get the money in the long run. Colluding is cheating and that is a sure way to ruin a game. You are playing in a game with bad players, play good and you will win, it's that simple. Read the Small stakes No Limit forum, or post some hands over there and get some feedback so you know if you are playing correctly.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're going to throw me under the bus for mentioning that they're black, then throw Doyle Brunson under the bus too for what he says in Super System about them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because other people make racist comments as well doesn't make it right.

[ QUOTE ]
I love those of you that think you could just come in and break them so easy. See what happens when you raise with KK, and you get calls with 46, A7, J10, and 23.

[/ QUOTE ]

See what happens? I make lots of money? Dude, you really don't know anything about the game. This is just another in a long line of "I can't beat the fish" posts. I know the answer -- move up to a higher stakes game.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:47 PM

I know they're splitting money bc the others that go broke sit there and wait until the game is done. Then they all go outside and chat for a minute before leaving. That's pretty obvious.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:52 PM

Do they drive seperately or ride together?
Old 08-03-2005, 04:58 PM

The only way to guarantee crushing colluders like this every time is to become a bigger colluder. Why do that? What fun is a game where everyone at the table plays every hand till the end and then each "side" meets after the game to divy up the $$$$$.

I am certain a table of 7 Tight Agressives against these 3 would take every penny these guys put on the felt.
Old 08-03-2005, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, that's not a very intelligent post. The tighter I play, the more they suk out b/c all of them stay in. I guess the best thing is just to find another place to play and not play with them.

I didn't ask for insults, I asked for suggesstions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. My advice is to bring a large bankroll to endure the occassional suckouts. Over the longrun, you'll be a winner. Also, be aware of position. Do they play every hand? If not, only play the hands that you are in late position when one or more them have folded.
Old 08-03-2005, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The other 7 or 8 on the table have agreed to play together to try and run them out of our game. We played a "fake" game last night (without them there, obviously) where everyone was trying to stay in if one of the "enemy" raised, but they still ended up breaking us in the mock game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. I just don't know what to say here. Learn to play poker, and stop trying to cheat. By the way, why don't you suspect the non-black guys? There are more of them there, it's more likely numbers wise that they're involved in cheating.
Old 08-03-2005, 05:44 PM

If you came to the game you would see what I mean. I am not being racist, just honest. There is a difference.

I agree that bringing a larger bankroll to the game could do the trick rather than cheating the game.