Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 03:14 AM

Default Re: Play by play & color men

[ QUOTE ]
Poker Hint #165: The guy to your right yelling, "Damn, I folded my 8!", will be the one calling bets he shouldn't looking to hit his straight with 62o.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course. But *we* can spot him anyway. My point, not to be repetitive, is that it affects the game negatively. When this behavior gets really bad at a table these players might just as well fold their cards face up. There are people who do just that when they get tilted sometimes and it annoys everybody. Talking about what you've folded is not that far off, to me.

Btw: I haven't been able to speak to the room manager yet but one floorman so far has told me that there is no specific rule against what I've posted about. He says it's to be decided on a case by case basis if it's affecting the play of the game and he considers it more a matter of etiquette. I sure hope he's wrong.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:17 AM

Just to finish this up I spoke to a senior poker room manager and he told me that he'd see to it that the dealers would pay greater attention to what I told him was often going on and, since this sort of talk shouldn't happen, they would direct the offenders to stop. I hope it works.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:18 PM

Don't get your point STL. Here's a real-life story that would even piss you off.

300max NL Live. I limp in the big blind with 8Tc. I flop the nut straight on a board of 7 9 J rainbow. I check and call a $30 bet. Turn is an Ace. Original bettor bets $50 and I go all-in ($125). While he's deciding whether to call, someone at the table says "possible straight". The villain says "Sh#t, I didn't see that" and folds.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't get your point STL. Here's a real-life story that would even piss you off.

300max NL Live. I limp in the big blind with 8Tc. I flop the nut straight on a board of 7 9 J rainbow. I check and call a $30 bet. Turn is an Ace. Original bettor bets $50 and I go all-in ($125). While he's deciding whether to call, someone at the table says "possible straight". The villain says "Sh#t, I didn't see that" and folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

STL doesnt care he just wants to argue with Howard
Old 09-29-2005, 03:42 PM

YSSCKY
Old 09-29-2005, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
YSSCKY

[/ QUOTE ]

What is with all the negativity to Mr. Beale? He has a valid point about B&M play. Are you all just a bunch of nits?

Anyway, I usually wait until the hand is over and the calmly suggest that the blabbers should not react to the cards while other players are playing in a hand. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I have no problem with general, non-hand-specific chit chat. That is usually +EV