Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2005, 03:01 PM

Default Re: **A Plan for Cleaning Up OOT

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I was actually already Googling. Holy Crap!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Jake, you just made me guilty by association. Any hope I had at being star-bellied has just gone down the crapper.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry, he'll get you in!!!

Old 05-26-2005, 03:01 PM

Well... yeah. There are a few messageboards/blogs that I don't bother with anymore, since the content went downhill. I just checked them less and less often, then stopped entirely.

That kind of comes full circle to why I think Buster's idea is silly. He can ignore people on his own, organize a coalition, whatever. And there has to be some point where its just too much trouble for him to slog through the forum, so he won't. But his "group ignore" idea won't really solve any problems, and I don't think it will bring him a satisfactory solution. Moderation is the only way to fix what he views as OOT's problems, and I doubt that kind of moderation will ever be forthcoming.
Old 05-26-2005, 03:04 PM

Just trying to maintain a quality Internet user experience.
Old 05-26-2005, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've only been reading/posting on OOT for a little while, but I'm going to have to respectfully say that this is the stupidest post I've ever seen. Who cares if there are people who you don't like or you don't like their posts or w/e. If you don't want to read them, don't. Creating some sort of OOT crew of people who are "cool" is the most ridiculous idea ever. This is a public forum, people are allowed to post what they want, when they want, however often they want. You're, of course, allowed to post something like this and I'm allowed, of course, to post my reply that I think it's retarded and childish. Finally, what exactly is it that entitles you to decide who or what is allowed on this forum? It seems very presumptuous of you collectively to decide what other people would want to read and that everyone else would want to read what you write.

[/ QUOTE ]

100% agreed. I just don't understand why the people that are "tired of stupid people" don't go and create their own forum? That way they could be 100% assured of not being surrounded by "stupid people" and they wouldn't have to deal with the scourges of society. This would be much more effective than passing around PMs about who to ignore.

DN
Old 05-26-2005, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
<<< This book is about two different races that live on opposite sides of a brick wall. Why is this wall seperating the two? Because the Yooks and the Zooks are fighting about what side they eat their bread on. The Yooks ate their bread with the butter side up, and the Zooks ate their bread with the butter side down. But one day a very mean Zook by the name of Van Itch slung his sling shot at a Yook's Snickle-Berry-Switch. So the Yook that was on patrol went back to Cheif Yookeroo to get a improved weapon and a fancier suit to go with it. The next day he went back to the wall and Van Itch was there too. He had a better weapon and a better suit too. So Grandpa Yook went crying back to the Cheif and again he got improved. The story keeps going in the same order until they come back to the wall with the same weapons and the same suit on. The last trip they each come back to the wall with an extremely dangerous Big-Boy Boomeroo! What will happen next?>>>>

so how exactly does that relate to us being tired of the stupid people?

sensationalism is the worst form of argument.

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]

PJN-
I just KNEW this thread would turn into a literary discussion. Those are Sneeches, not Zooks or Yooks. Right author, wrong story.
Old 05-26-2005, 03:09 PM

I want on the list, the ignore list.

Stick it in her pooper.

I think peachy is smarter than all of us!

If that wasn't enough tell me what to say and I will repost.
Old 05-26-2005, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Right again, which is why I originally said that the biggest hurdle in achieving such moderation was a lack of vision of what OOT should be.[ QUOTE ]
That's he beauty and purpose of oot! it's oot! it's where people get AWAY FROM the intended vision of the other boards!

[ QUOTE ]
Its pretty obvious when someone adds zero value to the forum, or actually destroys value.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea. It's obvious. Except that it's obvious to me that this person is you, and it's obvious to you that it's me. Just read this entire thread for evidence of that.

[ QUOTE ]
And you're completely right that Mason and Friends ultimately have control of the forums. Therefore, if Mason et al. can come to a common understanding of what this place should be, and then make a sticky to the effect of, "If we believe you are an idiot, as evinced by x, y, or z, you will be given one warning, then banned," OOT will be a much better place. This kind of ruthless, draconian enforcement of standards is pretty much the only effective way of policing a world without consequences.

[/ QUOTE ]
I personally like the freedom of oot. There are a few loosely enforced rules. To me, the whole world should be more like that. But Mason & Co. created the forums to discuss poker. OOT was created to keep non-poker talk out of those poker forums. It's accomplishing its purpose. That is "can come to a common understanding of what this place should be". Why would they care or want to make it anything else?
Old 05-26-2005, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, your stupidity in the face of plain english is astounding. You clearly did not understand what I was trying to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, then enlighten me please, what exactly did you mean by all of this:

[ QUOTE ]
I propose a group of us form together in a membership style group and adhere to some rules that should prove quite effective

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
*members will keep a master list of OOT posters that are to be ignored by all members (this is the main point of doing this)

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
*original members will agree upon a set list of who the original members are

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
*subsequent members will be agreed upon by enough of the members so as the entire group can be confident in the judgement

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
*Members may use an agreed-upon symbol or tagline to identify new topics that are suitable and enjoyable for other members, although this is not required.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Now, my tentative list for people I think should agree to this to make it awesome:

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems as though I've picked your meaning out quite accurately, what am I missing?
Old 05-26-2005, 03:19 PM

Because the point was not to say:

"We are this group of people who <insert your interpretation>"

it was to say:

"They are this group of people who should be ignored."
Old 05-26-2005, 03:19 PM

Granted, I'm a tard, but I got a lot of laughs out of the Gordon Bombay thing.