Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > Two Plus Two Internet Magazine
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 07:45 PM

Default Re: ONLINE POKER IS 100% RIGGED

[ QUOTE ]
I understand that but when I'm ahead I get cracked by miraculous runner-runners on back-to-back-to-back occasions in a 10-minute span. The point is, the dude with the 57o had no business calling my All-In on a 662 flop! Even if he put me on a cold bluff, what did he think I have? E=mc˛[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]10<font color="red">¤</font>? 34o? He had a fricken 7-high!

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he thought you had R [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] D [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 07-20-2005, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

For 3 hours I had NO CARDS, NADA. And just as I pick up a monster... RIGGED.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where was your monster hand? Can you post it?
Old 07-21-2005, 06:28 AM

Thanks for the expose. I will maintain vigilence.
Old 07-21-2005, 06:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Strange things happen. Saw a guy get AA three hands in a row. He raised every time, showed his hand every time, lost all three hands. Rigged? Doubtful. This happened at a B&amp;M, using two different decks, a Shufflemaster, and, of course, a dealer cut.

[/ QUOTE ]
The approximate odds against this happening are a billion to one. 221 x 221 x 221 x 4.5 x 4.5 x 4.5 = 983, 590, 582
Old 07-22-2005, 02:37 PM

Stockman,
Although your post trails off into an overly general and too broadly brushed charge of conspiracy, your sentiments are, at least by this contributer, appreciated. It has concerned me, this year or so I have been playing poker online, that certain anomalous patterns have emerged on the sites where I have played in tourneys. I did not pay much attention to this until last September when I made it to the final 2 tables in a Million dollar tournament on Paradise Poker. One of the very first hands, I had an aces over kings full house on the flop with NO in suit cards up. Since I was relatively short compared to several other players I bet only half my stack, about 40,000 chips. Only one player, the chip leader, called and raised the rest of my stack. Happily, I called. The turn and the river miraculously gave him a straight flush and ended my hope at big money.
Even at this I would level no charge, but I was reminded how many times such miraculous outcomes have been given the leaders in these tournaments...in fact how they could apparently "do no wrong".
Last night was a last straw. It sort of melted down all my experience to date into one virtual certainty, one closely akin to yours. Another chip leader, behaving in a fashion that would guarantee anyone else early elimination, had made it to the last 10% of players and placed himself in
propect of losing to fill an inside straight on the river.
Again, this by itself proves nothing. However I've seen this vastly too often. TOO many of the tournaments I've witnesses HAVE BEEN RULED by this sort of play.
A rudimentary statistical analysis I did following my
experience last year demonstrated a bias in the card distribution, but the "anomaly" is so selective...at critical times, that probability alone does not tell the story.
This "industry" is still young. In time, as always, whistle blowers from the inside will step forward. When they do, we will find out who the real champs are and who are the phonies that have helped cheat a lot of people out of their money.
My utmost regards to all the honest poker players, may they
take nothing I've written here the wrong way.
ProbeII
Old 07-22-2005, 03:03 PM

I think 2+2 should try to develop a better system for new accounts. No identical IPs, etc. Yeah, people could still create the account from another machine, but it would make it a bit more of a headache. People who want to post here for the right reasons should never need more than one account. I have no idea if that feature is included in the currently used forum software, though.

Oh, and this particular forum (magazine) still needs more active moderation.
Old 07-22-2005, 04:33 PM

Programs in mind expansion by government affiliates were conducted in universities prior to 1970. Any positive results demonstrated were cause, as a matter of policy, to slap secrecy upon them and to remove personnel and asset to remote, undisclosed locations. One such location was a floor of the Veteran's Hospital on campus at U of M, Ann Arbor, MI. Government "warehouses" for some of the people involved are still to be found throughout, one I know of was/is Fort Lyons VAH in Colorado.
You can't imagine with indemic incredulity, the extent of success that was achieved. But, just as you control people with hunger, not food; you control them with mental impairment, not mind expansion. The government only wanted to know what they had to avoid.
Mr. David Oates' work on Reverse Speech was financed by the
FBI up until it was learned that revelations obtained threatened to revise much of what most astro-physics theories were on Time. The slight off-set between conscious speech and the reaction of the subconscious with its reverse made such permutation necessary. The discovery becomes inevitable then, that time has "been tampered with" or, in
other words, time travel has occurred.
You are treated, as a society, by a media that develops both documentary and fiction alike along lines that it has treated possibility and history broadly. The conclusion follows, thus, that such subjects (as ESP and other anomaly) have been fairly considered. They have not been.
That is not to say, however, that a hidden technology does not exist to exploit them along agenda lines.
I visited Mr. Oates right after the FBI had withdrawn from financing his research. I wanted to discuss the indications that existed at the time that they were continuing without him. He could not permit himself to entertain the thought.
As you can see, minimalization is the rule where such revelation is concerned, even among the scientists themselves.
ProbeII
Old 07-22-2005, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stockman,
Although your post trails off into an overly general and too broadly brushed charge of conspiracy...

[/ QUOTE ]

So, to summarize: chip leaders near the end of tournaments are lucky. Duh. If they didn't get lucky, they'd have busted out. Why don't you do a story on those maniacs who bust out early?
Old 07-22-2005, 08:09 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 07-22-2005, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's one that almost ruins the game of Poker:

5-player tourney, three remain, huge blinds, approaching the end of the tournament. Top 2 places paid...

Hero: 4500 chips
Villain: 1800 chips
Player2: 1200 chips

Blinds are 300/600.

Hero on the button. Player2 SB. Villain on BB.

Hero in all in with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Player2 folds.
Villain calls with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero ends up finishing in 3rd place when only the top 2 places are paid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm villain was ridiculously pot-committed being in the big blind. Only a total freaking moron would fold half their stack in the big blind in the late stages of a tournament with queen high. So in other words, only you would King Striker.
Closed Thread