Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2005, 01:25 AM

Default Boyd gets beat by an Arlo

Hotchendani Bests Boyd
[ QUOTE ]
4 players limp in, including Dutch Boyd and Bob Hotchendani, and the flop comes J-5-3. Boyd bets out and gets two callers, including Hotchendani. The turn is a 6. Boyd bets $30,000. Hotchendani is the only caller. The river is also a 6, and Boyd bets out another $50,000. Hotchendani calls, and shows 6-4. Boyd mucks his hand

[/ QUOTE ]

Kevin...
Old 07-12-2005, 01:26 AM

Default Re: WSOP Day 3: \"Official\" News, Results, and Discussion

Dammit, I think this is him:

The following players earned $24,365
300 - Klaus Agesen

Klaus Agesen, we hardly knew ye.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:27 AM

Gabe Walls - $565,000.

Anybody know if this is the same Gabe Walls that used to play Magic the Gathering? If it is, I played vs. him at Regionals one year...sorta heavy set man. It was also cool to see Jon Finkel cash. Go magic nerds!
Old 07-12-2005, 01:28 AM

Default I got broke

I went out 366th.

Started the day with $61K, built it up to $150K and lost consecutive hands to Tim Phan to bust out.

Lost 50K+ with 99 on a board of 8863 - an A hit the river and Tim turned up A10o after we both checked the river.

Next hand we get in a raising war pre-flop. All my money goes in with AK vs his AQ. He hit a gutshot straight on me on the turn and I was out.

Very dissappointing to build up chips like that and go out so fast when I was in a dominating position on both hands to a stack that could have really put me in good position.

Oh well, it was fun anyway and everyone who busts has the same kind of story I do. I am lucky it did not happen earlier.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:31 AM

Default Re: GREG 700K!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Because he's Dutch Boyd and he sucks, so its impressive he made it past hour 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm no particular Dutch fan, but he's no donkey. In fact, he has an eery presence about him: I've seen him sit virtually motionless for hours at a time, with a cigarette hanging from the same spot on his lips. It might appear that he's not observing the table well, but that would be dead wrong. My take on him is that he's tight-aggressive: he's not afraid to commit his chips if he thinks he's ahead, but he's not prone to make all sorts of wild moves.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:32 AM

Default Re: GREG 700K!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Because he's Dutch Boyd and he sucks, so its impressive he made it past hour 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm no particular Dutch fan, but he's no donkey. In fact, he has an eery presence about him: I've seen him sit virtually motionless for hours at a time, with a cigarette hanging from the same spot on his lips. It might appear that he's not observing the table well, but that would be dead wrong. My take on him is that he's tight-aggressive: he's not afraid to commit his chips if he thinks he's ahead, but he's not prone to make all sorts of wild moves.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Stellwagen Busts One
Log: After calling a raise and a $35,000 reraise, and with the flop showing 9-6-3, Bryan Stellwagen checks. His opponent moves all-in for $260,000. Stellwagen calls. He shows 3-3. His opponent shows A-Q. The turn is a blank, and the river is a 9, giving Stellwagen a full house, eliminating his opponent, and raking a pot so large that he immediately needed to be colored up by tournament staff. His stack now lingers around $650,000.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding me? I expect this play at a PP tourney (maybe like a $20 buy-in), but in the money at the WSOP ME? I realize this blurb can't capture all the specifics of the moment but jesus ...
Old 07-12-2005, 01:34 AM

Default Re: I got broke

[ QUOTE ]

Next hand we get in a raising war pre-flop. All my money goes in with AK vs his AQ. He hit a gutshot straight on me on the turn and I was out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you describe the preflop action on this hand in greater detail? I was in a big discussion about it earlier on another forum, and we were wondering what exactly happened. Also, what were the blinds/antes at this point?
Old 07-12-2005, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Stellwagen Busts One
Log: After calling a raise and a $35,000 reraise, and with the flop showing 9-6-3, Bryan Stellwagen checks. His opponent moves all-in for $260,000. Stellwagen calls. He shows 3-3. His opponent shows A-Q. The turn is a blank, and the river is a 9, giving Stellwagen a full house, eliminating his opponent, and raking a pot so large that he immediately needed to be colored up by tournament staff. His stack now lingers around $650,000.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding me? I expect this play at a PP tourney (maybe like a $20 buy-in), but in the money at the WSOP ME? I realize this blurb can't capture all the specifics of the moment but jesus ...

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your problem with the play?

That somebody called $35,000 pre-flop? Or that somebody pushed in with AQ on a 9,6,3 flop?
Old 07-12-2005, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Stellwagen Busts One

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your problem with the play?

That somebody called $35,000 pre-flop? Or that somebody pushed in with AQ on a 9,6,3 flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't you learned by now that most of these donks are result oriented?