Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2005, 08:54 PM

Default Re: RAYMER OUT?!

I agree with the stop-n-go if Raymer can get a pre-flop raise in there, but essentially his opponent gets to see the flop for free ($100,000 is nothing). The problem here is that Raymer did not have enough left after a pre-flop raise to scare any hand from calling post-flop. Unless I think my hand has a decent chance to win hot-n-cold, I fold here. If Raymer felt A-9 has 45%+ chance of winning, he should have moved all in pre-flop. $315K could have scared off his opponent, so fold equity is there. Doubling up is not critical at this moment; Raymer needed to stay afloat until he could either (a) move up in the standings, or (b) get the opportunity to double/triple up with a far better hand.

I would not say he tilted, but this does not appear to be one of his best plays either...
Old 07-14-2005, 08:54 PM

Default Re: and luck helps too

[ QUOTE ]
from cardplayer.com

[ QUOTE ]
Date / Time: 2005-07-14 17:31:00
Title: Raymer's exit
Log: Our defending World Champion Greg Raymer was just eliminated. Raymer can add another $304,680 to the $5 million he pocked last year. Raymer played amazing poker this year. On his ESPN exit interview, Raymer said he is very please with how he played this year. “Poker is not about results. It is about making good decisions.” He said that despite his $3,840,000 stack eroding relatively quickly today, he felt like he made all the right decisions. “I got in with the best hand each time,” he said.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry Greg but your A 9 was not the best hand there.

[/ QUOTE ]

mmmm yeah, i don't think he's counting that one. just a hunch.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
from cardplayer.com

[ QUOTE ]
Date / Time: 2005-07-14 17:31:00
Title: Raymer's exit
Log: Our defending World Champion Greg Raymer was just eliminated. Raymer can add another $304,680 to the $5 million he pocked last year. Raymer played amazing poker this year. On his ESPN exit interview, Raymer said he is very please with how he played this year. “Poker is not about results. It is about making good decisions.” He said that despite his $3,840,000 stack eroding relatively quickly today, he felt like he made all the right decisions. “I got in with the best hand each time,” he said.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry Greg but your A 9 was not the best hand there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't tell if people are trolling or just unintelligent. It's a fine line, I suppose.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:57 PM

Default The Mouth at 7 Million!

5:45pm... Jack Effel announced the chip leaders. He said Mike Matusow had over $7M. The crowd boooed. ALso in the top 3 are Andy Black and Steve "Bloody Mary" Dannenmann.

should have warned you, making negative comments about the homeboy will get you on the blacklist in a hurry. take it from someone who knows sorry my bad

Default MATUSOW $7 MILLION!!

Date / Time: 2005-07-14 17:53:00
Title: Approximate Chip Counts for Chip Leaders
Log: Assistant Tournament Director Jack Effel announces the top three chip leaders at this point, in reverse order from three to one:

1. Mike Matusow - $7,000,000
2. Andrew Black - $5,500,000
3. Steve Dannenmann - $6,000,000

When Matusow's name is announced, there are a smattering of boos, but they seem almost lighthearted. It's as if Matusow is the player that the crowd loves to hate.

WIN IT MOUTH!!!!
Old 07-14-2005, 08:58 PM

Default Re: MATUSOW $7 MILLION!!

Matusow is the Kurt Angle of poker.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
should have warned you, making negative comments about the homeboy will get you on the blacklist in a hurry. take it from someone who knows sorry my bad

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf are you talking about? Who is "the homeboy", Troll?
Old 07-14-2005, 08:59 PM

Default Re: MATUSOW $7 MILLION!!

he has obviously been pointing to this years ME since his exit last year. great run by the "mouth".
Old 07-14-2005, 09:00 PM

Default Re: The Mouth at 7 Million!

From Mike Paulle's blog:

Thursday, 14th of July 2005 05:29 PM

New level, 5k antes, 25k/50k blinds.

John McGrane doubles through Minh Ly by pushing all-in after Minh Ly's raise of 120K. Ly calls with J 6 while McGrane had A 4. The board showed K J 7 3 A

During the break, Shawn Sheikhan explained what happened with his penalty. He said he got it for slamming the table, not for talking about a hand. "I get penalized because I'm me. They don't like me." Shawn talked about Matusow showing his cards yesterday, with action behind him, that Shawn said busted Freddy Bonyadi. "Freddy is furious with Mike," Shawn added.

--------------------------

The children don't seem to be playing well together [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]