Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2005, 07:27 PM

Default Re: WSOP Day 4: \"Official\" News, Results, and Discussion

[ QUOTE ]
Family Guy

A guy from the crowd was asking Raymer's wife about his daughter... Mrs Raymer informed the Fossilman who got a tad irrate and threatened to kill the man if he went near his family! It took a good few minutes for him to compose himself and get back to the game. (allegedly)

[/ QUOTE ]

Joke? Source? Bizarre post...
Old 07-12-2005, 07:29 PM

Default Re: Boyd eliminated

Well, he gets 5-1 odds to flop an ace, but the odds of flopping an ace are right around 5-1, so that's about an even-money proposition right there.

Beyond that, you are right that Greg sometimes gets a monster flop without an ace (TT or KQJ) but you forgot the much larger chance that Greg will sometimes call when he's behind, such as a T-high flop. The implied odds go in both directions.

Finally, if Greg is going to call 50k here just in hopes of flopping an ace, he had better be awfully certain that AK is not in his opponent's range of hands.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Family Guy

A guy from the crowd was asking Raymer's wife about his daughter... Mrs Raymer informed the Fossilman who got a tad irrate and threatened to kill the man if he went near his family! It took a good few minutes for him to compose himself and get back to the game. (allegedly)

[/ QUOTE ]

Is she hot???
Old 07-12-2005, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Family Guy

[/ QUOTE ]

There must be more to the situation than this. I'm sure if someone was just making small talk with his wife, he wouldn't have completely flipped out.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Family Guy

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought it was wierd too. I got it from Gutshot.com
Old 07-12-2005, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Family Guy

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From pokervoice.com:

[ QUOTE ]

His wife, in the press area watching him, is asked by a a spectator about his family. Greg, according to the spectator, gets the wrong end of the stick and tells the the spectator 'You f*** with my daughter and you're dead'.

Very out of character for Greg but he's playing for a huge amount of money and is hounded by fans and media at every break, we can't blame him for being a little grumpy and protective of his family.

Greg is chip leader with around 1.5 million.

Thankfully the dealer did not call the floor and inflame the situation and there was no 10 minute penalty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kevin...
Old 07-12-2005, 07:32 PM

This is what Pauly at Tao of Poker wrote:

4:17pm... Fossilman jawed with a railbird who was pestering his wife about their kids, "If you [censored] with my daughter, you're dead." That guy was being a total idiot and I was about to call security to clear him out when the guy bolted.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

4:17pm... Fossilman jawed with a railbird who was pestering his wife about their kids, "If you [censored] with my daughter, you're dead." That guy was being a total idiot and I was about to call security to clear him out when the guy bolted.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF is he thinking? Yeah good idea, threaten to kill someone in front of hundreds of people while you're playing for $7.5mil
Old 07-12-2005, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF is he thinking? Yeah good idea, threaten to kill someone in front of hundreds of people while you're playing for $7.5mil

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah really, for 7.5mil you can just hire someone to do it for you. Think Greg, think.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:38 PM

Default Re: Boyd eliminated

[ QUOTE ]
Not necessarily defending the play, but possibly he had already decided to push any flop? Basically like a stop and go. (We'll call it the mini go and go.) Ideally he would never even look at the flop to make sure there was no reaction.
-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess, but the only hand he could be wanting to push Raymer off is a flopped ace and if he's going to try that he might as well look at the damn flop.... and we're back where we started. Stop and go is to prevent a guy from seeing the last two cards; if no ace flops, he's doing that anyway.