Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2005, 08:49 PM

Default McGrane doubles thru Bergsdorff

88 v KK, spikes an 8 on the river, Mcgrane gets to 1m.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:50 PM

Default Re: RAYMER OUT?!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've never used the ignore feature before but I'm considering using it for detroitplayer. I've probably never considered the ignore feature because I've never actively read this forum until these WSOP threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you guys realize he posted all this stuff just to piss you off and see how many responses he could get. It's best not to feed his ego, and the ignore button is a great way to go about doing that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, come on man. What about my post history indicates that I am an ego maniac troll? In fact, IIRC, this is honestly the first time I've ever even been in a "big disagreement" with anyone here, ever. This is amusing.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:50 PM

Default Re: and luck helps too

Damn, losing that kind of $$$ on a 3.2% chance must really suck.

KJS
Old 07-14-2005, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
detroitplayer would have waited for Kings.. He's not worth a response.. He's a complete mental midget.

[/ QUOTE ]

There he is.

Listen, Skippy. If Greg had pushed pre flop with that hand and lost, it would have been a different story. You do know that he pushed post flop, right?

I thought we were supposed to be playing right now. Lets go, and not clog up the board with your inability to read, k?

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain the bold part.

[/ QUOTE ]

Greg was so low in chips he'd push with almost any two cards and his opponents don't need much of a hand at all to call with. Greg should have known this and picked a better spot since the flop didn't give him a "believable" or scary board to bluff at.

[/ QUOTE ]

one more time. So he's down to 250k on the flop...how can you check/fold with enough money for 2 orbits there?

you can't. stop acting like you know how to play MTTs, please.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow. Get it through your head, people.

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy makes it through 5200+ people. Takes a bad beat with K,K. Has a very small stack with relation to the blinds and you criticise the play of his last hand. I think there is something that you need to get through your head. The guy that called you an idiot...well could be he was right.

Vince
Old 07-14-2005, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
detroitplayer would have waited for Kings.. He's not worth a response.. He's a complete mental midget.

[/ QUOTE ]

There he is.

Listen, Skippy. If Greg had pushed pre flop with that hand and lost, it would have been a different story. You do know that he pushed post flop, right?

I thought we were supposed to be playing right now. Lets go, and not clog up the board with your inability to read, k?

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain the bold part.

[/ QUOTE ]

Greg was so low in chips he'd push with almost any two cards and his opponents don't need much of a hand at all to call with. Greg should have known this and picked a better spot since the flop didn't give him a "believable" or scary board to bluff at.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're probably right. With an M around 4 Greg has all the time in the world to throw away an Ace with a medium kicker with the blinds coming to him next hand. "Believability" is no longer a luxury he can afford thanks to a suckout.

You have proven nothing about your understanding of late stage tournament play. You will go on insulting everyone for the fun of it, but the joke will continue to be on you for anyone who understands how tournaments (especially in the late stages) differ from cash games.

Enjoy your bashing.

Default Re: new ad on cardplayer

It's new as of today, looks like they want people to check out other parts of the site.

from cardplayer.com

[ QUOTE ]
Date / Time: 2005-07-14 17:31:00
Title: Raymer's exit
Log: Our defending World Champion Greg Raymer was just eliminated. Raymer can add another $304,680 to the $5 million he pocked last year. Raymer played amazing poker this year. On his ESPN exit interview, Raymer said he is very please with how he played this year. “Poker is not about results. It is about making good decisions.” He said that despite his $3,840,000 stack eroding relatively quickly today, he felt like he made all the right decisions. “I got in with the best hand each time,” he said.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry Greg but your A 9 was not the best hand there.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
from cardplayer.com

[ QUOTE ]
Date / Time: 2005-07-14 17:31:00
Title: Raymer's exit
Log: Our defending World Champion Greg Raymer was just eliminated. Raymer can add another $304,680 to the $5 million he pocked last year. Raymer played amazing poker this year. On his ESPN exit interview, Raymer said he is very please with how he played this year. “Poker is not about results. It is about making good decisions.” He said that despite his $3,840,000 stack eroding relatively quickly today, he felt like he made all the right decisions. “I got in with the best hand each time,” he said.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry Greg but your A 9 was not the best hand there.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should totally PM him with your correction.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There he is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain the bold part.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

one more time. So he's down to 250k on the flop...how can you check/fold with enough money for 2 orbits there?

you can't. stop acting like you know how to play MTTs, please.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's between check-folding, and knowing you're going to get called by almost any two cards good enough to open-raise with, then I check-fold there. It's better than going home for the time being. But I guess I wouldn't be able to think that clearly if I was tilting like Greg was either. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]