Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Dear bison... June 2005.

[ QUOTE ]

Yea, that was the undergrad list, but I assume the same goes for the school as a whole. They don't have specific quality of life rankings for grad schools.

[/ QUOTE ]

With many kinds of graduate programs, that will be a terrible assumption to make. It's safe to say that the Ph.D. program I'm in bears essentially no resemblance to the population of the university at large. You're going to be spending minimal time with undergraduates.

More important considerations, I think, involve talking to people who are actually in law school there to see what the law school is like, and deciding whether small town Indiana is going to be the place for you, in terms of attitude, opportunities to go out, climate, etc. The other thing that I've heard - and take this with a grain of salt, as my familiarity with the subject is limited to friends who have gone through the process - is that law schools in a particular area tend to be particularly good at helping you with job placement in that geographical region. The higher ranked your school is the more likely you'll be able to jump around, but I'm not sure that it's really going to be a huge barrier to you whatever you do regardless. There's usually a big difference between the top tier and everything else, and then pretty small differences past that. Pick a place that you'll be happy, and I think the job repercussions will be small enough that you'll be better off in the end.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also grew up in NY and am used to alot of diversity.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you're looking for diversity, you can always take a drive into downtown South Bend. It's brimming with cultural richness.
Once you get there, I think you'll find that some of your fears are misguided. You're not going to have a priest break into your apartment to tell you that smoking pot is evil. If you want a school that has a lot of hot sluts though, you're going to the wrong place.

One positive is that Notre Dame has better networking opportunities and alumni loyalty than just about any school.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:54 PM

Waiter is much better. Dealing with people in stressful situations is a fantastic learning experience.

-SmileyEH
Old 06-22-2005, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Waiter is much better. Dealing with people in stressful situations is a fantastic learning experience.

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus the culture can be fun for a short period of time. That and hot waitresses will probably hook up with you...
Old 06-22-2005, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll spare you the cowshit picture just this once and only because it's this thread:
n00b

[/ QUOTE ]

The bad thing is I think I already read that post. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-22-2005, 04:13 PM

Nobody really cares, but I also think strip clubs are great but that lap dances are pointless.
Old 06-22-2005, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nobody really cares, but I also think strip clubs are great but that lap dances are pointless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even with a happy ending?
Old 06-22-2005, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even with a happy ending?

[/ QUOTE ]

If that happy ending comes via blowjob, I'm cool with that.

handjob, eh, I can do that myself for free.
Old 06-22-2005, 04:27 PM

Waitress/customer action was definitely a big impact on the early decision; then i got one of those girlfriends. I've been a busboy at a restaurant and I really liked the atmosphere. Delivering pizzas; I can run errands if they're on the way as well. It'd probably get boring though. The hours are big too, if I work at the restaurant probably won't be able to hang out with my friends after work. I may undertake both, never had two jobs before, does this work?
Old 06-22-2005, 04:34 PM

Dear Luminous,

It sounds like you're doing okay and are just in kind of a fallow period. If you want to meet more people you can look on craigslist or try to take up a sport, or you can just try inviting work people to go see a movie and hopefully they return the favor and you meet some more people.

Basically, as long as you feel alright, I wouldn't stress.