Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2005, 11:43 PM

Default Re: Former Bush Team Member Questions WTC Collapse

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Thank you for the article, it's interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're very welcome, I have hundreds more available upon request.

[/ QUOTE ]

I might take you up on that sometime, but I'm probably lying.

This isn't really something I think about except when I click on the Politics forum. I know, it's probably a bad thing to say, but I'm more or less apathetic about things like this because
A) I can't change them
B) If I'm not supposed to know what happened, I almost certainly never will

Like I said, I'm relatively open to logical arguements on any front, but everybody is set in their beliefs, and will be hard-pressed to convert to something as polar opposite as the 2 options here.

About 98% offtopic, this seems to be a pretty interesting book so far about Iran. It has some information in it about Bin Laden and associates meeting directly with head Iranian officials about planning terrorist attacks.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:44 PM

Well there is a reason I post here, besides making people look dumb. I don't know how to explain it, but I think this guy does. Here's a quote from the article, explaining why I feel that I need to spread the word:

If you make it through step one and care enough about people to work for step three, you may face ridicule and isolation. You may lose your income and some friends, but if we continue down the same path there’s a real chance you’re going to lose those anyway. On the upside you may be able to hold on to some sense of integrity. The only thing you can be certain of is that we’re all in this together. No matter how you voted, what credentials or positions you hold, or what faith you have in people, you will face the consequences of our collective self-deceptions. Now is the time for each of us to decide between a stormy reality and what’s behind the fantasy curtain.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Come on wacki, you should just stay out of this thread unless you wanna talk evidence again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it's hard to take you guys seriously. I mean you guys are doing your research but your putting too much weight on the wrong sources. A lot of those conspiracy websites you are linking to just have a bunch of crap on it. Sure 10% of the stuff will be hard to explain away without a degree in civil engineering...

man this sucks... I have to stop.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a good point, but I remember an article where the architect of the towers says the buildings were designed to where they could take the impact of 2 or even 3 planes without collapsing. Apparently, he doesn't believe the planes and the fires collapsed the building.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not true. NOVA interviewed the architect I watched him talk about it. *tries not to insert conspiracy joke*
Old 06-23-2005, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for the article, it's interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're very welcome, I have hundreds more available upon request.

[/ QUOTE ]

I might take you up on that sometime, but I'm probably lying.

This isn't really something I think about except when I click on the Politics forum. I know, it's probably a bad thing to say, but I'm more or less apathetic about things like this because
A) I can't change them
B) If I'm not supposed to know what happened, I almost certainly never will

Like I said, I'm relatively open to logical arguements on any front, but everybody is set in their beliefs, and will be hard-pressed to convert to something as polar opposite as the 2 options here.

About 98% offtopic, this seems to be a pretty interesting book so far about Iran. It has some information in it about Bin Laden and associates meeting directly with head Iranian officials about planning terrorist attacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I feel ya. At least you can explain how you truely feel about all this, as opposed to the rest of the posters here.

Yeah it seems like you can't do anything about it, but it's like voting - you have a small voice, but a voice nonetheless. I've educated many friends and family about how we're gradually becoming a fascist police state - which is something almost impossible to argue with, all you gotta do is watch the news to see it. It's all about getting the word out. That's all we can do. People are planning a million man march on DC to impeach Bush(impeachBush.org). Of course, this is only a small step, but it's a step nonetheless. And more and more people are seeing how crooked the Patriot Act is - Dubya is having to defend it against more than half the country now. You see, we're not powerless.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is a good point, but I remember an article where the architect of the towers says the buildings were designed to where they could take the impact of 2 or even 3 planes without collapsing. Apparently, he doesn't believe the planes and the fires collapsed the building.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not true. NOVA interviewed the architect I watched him talk about it. *tries not to insert conspiracy joke*

[/ QUOTE ]

What did he say? I got my info from Alex Jones, maybe he just twisted his words around.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What did he say? I got my info from Alex Jones, maybe he just twisted his words around.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't read alex jones words but.....

quick search on google

From a respectable yet very antibush source

Also, at that time, the planes were not like these types of planes that we have now. I think the biggest plane was a 100-passenger plane, something like that, and the fuel capacity of those planes was not like they are today.

The criterion was that if a plane hits, it would go right through it. And nobody could foresee something like that. The tower was protected in such a way that the damage would be limited to one story, but it wouldn't travel to the other stories.

HARRIS: The planes that crashed yesterday were much bigger than that. They were 757s.

SWIRSKY: And also the fuel capacity is much more tremendous.

HARRIS: Exactly. That's what I want to ask you about. Which was it that made the biggest difference? Was it the impact felt from the larger plane, or was it the heat generated by the burning and that much fuel.

SWIRSKY: I imagine, when I saw the pictures of the implosion of the building, it looks like the fuel must have leaked right to the core of the building, and from there it was the massive explosion that caused the building to collapse. So it was something completely unforeseen, so far as the design criteria was (concerned).

You will find all of the architects say the EXACT SAME THING..

So, please tell us, how badly did your source twist his words?

Now think for a second. How reliable is Alex Jones? BTW, Alex Jones has apparantly made a lot of money by selling his conspiracy theory.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Now think for a second. How reliable is Alex Jones? BTW, Alex Jones has apparantly made a lot of money by selling his conspiracy theory.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I already thought about this, which is why I immediately doubted his report in my post. I dont rely on a lot of his stuff, actually.

Whether or not the WTC architect said he thinks they'll fall because of planes or not doesn't matter enough to debunk the whole theory. Yes, there are architects who believe the planes would take all THREE buidlings down, and there are many who don't. My dad is one of them. I'm studying architecture, but I don't think I know enough yet to make a valid claim about it.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:38 AM

BTW, if anybody cares, here's a link that might illustrate how few people it would take to pull off 9/11.
Old 06-24-2005, 01:03 AM

By the way, it seems like you guys are starting to doubt my links. Here's where I get most of my links.