Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2005, 03:02 PM

Default Re: Dear bison... June 2005.

Dear Wine,

1. I don't enjoy OOT that much either, but I like joking around with a few people on these boards, so I post in threads they're in. Also, I found that doing these threads could be my niche where I show up every month or so and draw a crowd. Find something else to do, not at your computer.

2. Wean. Ween is apparently archaic, meaning 'to suppose'.

3. I had an epiphany a couple of weeks ago.

In college, everyone says: "Man, if I could go back, I'd ace high school with no effort."

And when you graduate from college you think "Man, college was so simple, I'd just do what I want and chill and have a great time."

Well, the fact of the matter is: every era of your life is actually that simple. It may not be easy, or fun, and there are times when it does get complex, but essentially, focus on what you enjoy, treat people well. That's it. And then you can say (while you're still in X) "Man, X is easy."
Old 06-22-2005, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Wine,

1. I don't enjoy OOT that much either, but I like joking around with a few people on these boards, so I post in threads they're in. Also, I found that doing these threads could be my niche where I show up every month or so and draw a crowd. Find something else to do, not at your computer.

2. Wean. Ween is apparently archaic, meaning 'to suppose'.

In college, everyone says: "Man, if I could go back, I'd ace high school with no effort."

And when you graduate from college you think "Man, college was so simple, I'd just do what I want and chill and have a great time."

Well, the fact of the matter is: every era of your life is actually that simple. It may not be easy, or fun, and there are times when it does get complex, but essentially, focus on what you enjoy, treat people well. That's it. And then you can say (while you're still in X) "Man, X is easy."

[/ QUOTE ]

Write a book. Seriously.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:06 PM

It's the bogus intent that turns me off. Is this why it's not your thing?

Pretty much. I have nothing against strippers - I'm sure they're pretty much as nice as anyone else, it's just that the whole monetizing of flirting, attraction and sex make it really not fun for me.

I'm happy to pay a couple bucks in tips to see a beautiful woman strut around with no pants on, but that's more honest.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Bison,

I don't understand the whole "Internet Celebrity" thing, what's it from?

[/ QUOTE ]

I got a laugh at this. My wife was reading through the trip reports from the weekend, and she wanted to know the same thing.

Oh, and I think the trip reports have made her afraid of some of the people she met (**cough** Evan **cough**)
Old 06-22-2005, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If people learn anything from this thread, this should be it. Great, great point.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:15 PM

Dear Bison,

Yes, life happens to be incredibly easy in so many ways.

It's somewhat hilarious that I have the not unique ability to make parts of it so 'difficult' for myself.

I have a question for you that is most likely quite snowflakish:

About 6 months ago I moved to a new area of the US (Southern California) and for whatever reason I haven't made any significant attempt to cultivate relationships with people. I haven't gone on a date...yet I think doing so would be fun. I enjoy the company with the people I work with and will occasionally do something with a couple of them yet don't have any base friend or group of them. I even have a cool female apartmentmate who I basically don't hang out with unless we're both at our apartment.

Despite these things, I enjoy my life quite a bit....but I think everything would be even more enjoyable if I either had a g/f and/or a group of friends to do things with. Frankly, I've been having this problem ever since college (2 years ago)...is this me just sucking at life? Will I snap out of it randomly? I'm not sure where my lack of motivation is coming from.

Luminous
Old 06-22-2005, 03:16 PM

You have to put Dear Bison.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You have to put Dear Bison.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-22-2005, 03:20 PM

Dear Bison,

Where does your bison tag come from and why is it bisonbison? Why not just bison?
Old 06-22-2005, 03:22 PM

Dear Bison,

Ok, so I'm headed to law school next year and decided (mostly on a whim) to go to Notre Dame. I've never visited the campus, and today went to the Princeton review lists and came across this:

Rank List Category
#1 Alternative Lifestyles Not An Alternative Demographics
#18 Homogeneous Student Population Demographics
#6 Students Pray on a Regular Basis Demographics
#1 Everyone Plays Intramural Sports Extracurriculars
#1 Students Pack The Stadiums Extracurriculars
#13 Don't Inhale Parties
#19 Great Campus Food Quality of Life
#9 Future Rotarians And Daughters Of The American Revolution School Type
#4 Jock Schools School Type
#14 More To Do On Campus Social

The problem is, I haven't stepped into a gym in about a year, and enjoy a j every now and again (like right now, and again in like 10 minutes). I also grew up in NY and am used to alot of diversity. Oh, also, I think praying is a waste of time, though I do enjoy good discussions about God, morality etc. Am I screwed?