Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2004, 05:26 PM

Default Re: Bigger Mistake: Phillips or Hansen?

[ QUOTE ]

You just couldn't let this go i tried to be the bigger man but your just a bratty child and keep the argument going. don't worry about this discussion cause you will never be 3 handed in a multi tournament judging by your little knowledge of poker. I was even trying to be nice when i said you made some good points cause in reality your clueless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Geez, if you're trying to be the bigger man, then why the hell are you resorting to ad-hominem attacks now? I'm not worried about my poker skill. That's why I'm here.

As for you, I'm going to hit a little button that you're very familiar with and you'll just go away.
Old 11-05-2004, 07:59 PM

PLEASE DO THANK YOU!
Old 11-06-2004, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well making this statement proves your wrong. Sklansky says if you don't have alot of money and or 300k is life changing to you, you should not move in. will you now admit i'm right.

[/ QUOTE ]
What does this have to do with anything? Paul Phillips has a LOT of money, so he is not thinking about this.

Against Gus Hansen, Paul Phillips' play has become standard. Howard Lederer did it with much worse than AQ, he's gotten his chips in with the best of it.

Gus Hansen must be played back against. Everyone has picked this up now. Trying to get away from AQ against the biggest preflop LAG in the world is a major mistake. Play back and win.
Old 11-06-2004, 04:28 PM

Default Is Gus Hansen\'s LAG brand of poker...

beginning to spat and sputter in the middle of a six lane highway?
Old 11-06-2004, 06:42 PM

It has to do with the fact tht you said YOU would move in there. It is close for PP but if the money is life changing the correct play is to not move in according to sklansky. So you are incorrect in saying you would move in. how come you have so much trouble following.
Old 11-06-2004, 08:39 PM

The money moving up to second isn't life-changing to me. A dollar is pretty much the same as any other dollar. I have the time and patience to let my small +EV plays come up over and over again so I can abuse 'em. $125k isn't life-changing, while first prize money would be. I really am not considering how the money will affect my life when I play against Gus Hansen and Dewey Tomko.
Old 11-06-2004, 11:20 PM

difference between 2nd and 3rd was 325k not 125k.