Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2005, 01:36 PM

Default Re: **A Plan for Cleaning Up OOT

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that there is a lot of noise in this forum.

Who is this "WE" u mention so often in your post, and who elected this "WE" to have more power than anyone else.

I don't post that often in OOT, I have never said "stick it in your pooper", and i agree this sub-forum could be better, But i don't agree that this is the way to go about changing it. It just feels wrong to me, I dunno.

[/ QUOTE ]

buts thats exectly my point. We are not creating an elite to moderate this forum. We, as a group of people who mutually find each other to be enjoyable company, are creating a self-limiting group that will limit its exposure to what we deem to be undesirable elements within OOT. We have no power to moderate, nor can we induce some sort of police state action. We have no power thats isnt given to anyone else, we are just choosing to use that power in a means that hopefully makes a statement about what we want OOT to be.

peace

john nickle
Old 05-26-2005, 01:38 PM

i agree with everything you said. please don't put me out of my misery.
Old 05-26-2005, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

buts thats exectly my point. We are not creating an elite to moderate this forum. We, as a group of people who mutually find each other to be enjoyable company, are creating a self-limiting group that will limit its exposure to what we deem to be undesirable elements within OOT. We have no power to moderate, nor can we induce some sort of police state action. We have no power thats isnt given to anyone else, we are just choosing to use that power in a means that hopefully makes a statement about what we want OOT to be.

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Pretty much what he said.

GoT
Old 05-26-2005, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so, all you knee jerk reactionists who are comparing buster to hitler and what not, are you going to actually respond to my arguments, or was something that consists of more than 8 words and didnt involve anal sex beyond your comprehension?

You are making sensationalist statements, most of which happen to be completely inaccurate. You are also maing it much easier to highlight the people i think should not only be ignored, but should probably also be euthanized to spare the gene pool the tragic burden of watching you procreate.

(there, thats fairly hitler-esque, now, when you continue to ignore my logical, thought-out post, and respond to this one, at least you will be partially correct. your welcome.)

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the majority of the people feel the same way about a lot of these useless posters as you, and BS, and daryn. They just feel there's a much better wa to go about dealing with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i first read cnfzzed post in a very quick way, and felt i had the gist of it. then, as quoted above, he indicated that i might get more out if it if i reread it. i tried, but i'm sorry to say i didn't.

the big points i got:
1)if i don't like it, that's tough
2)we like each other, but not you
3)we're the older siblings, and we don't want to play with the littl ekids anymore
4)you aren't funny, and i don't like you
5)"our" oot is what's important

i'm sorry i missed all these points the first time through, john. good luck in your circlejerk.

really, guys, if this is just about an ignore list, go for it. that's all it is, right? so why does it need to be a uniform ignore list? the answer is, you want identical lists, so that you can all be really super great friends.

cnfzzed: are we ignoring jojobinks?
busta: yeah, dude, didn't you know?
cnfzzed: okeydokey, i knew that. just wanted to know if you knew. <cnfzzed hustles to get jojobinks on ignore>
Old 05-26-2005, 01:46 PM

I'm not surprised at the high school/college posters advocating this, but the older posters.....that's pathetically sad.

[ QUOTE ]
why not just abondon OOT altotogher and start your own private message board somewhere?

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the problem with this idea?

DN
Old 05-26-2005, 01:46 PM

Allright, put that way it sounds better.
Here are a couple questions i would have.
1)What do new posters do. Granted, most of the times they don't seem that great, but everyone was new at one time or another.
2)Say the group doesn't like Dead's posts. So they ignore him. But he realizes this, and promises to reform and post Goot. Do we accept him now. This is what i don't like. Basically we are wiping out all the diversity of the site, since no one will really read the non-members post. Or am i misunderstanding this?
Old 05-26-2005, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not surprised at the high school/college posters advocating this, but the older posters.....that's pathetically sad.

[ QUOTE ]
why not just abondon OOT altotogher and start your own private message board somewhere?

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the problem with this idea?

DN

[/ QUOTE ]

i enjoy the fact that its pretty much the post-college aged members who *are* advocating this, and the high-school/college peeps who seem to be totally against it. Of course, there are exceptions on both sides.

peace

john nickle
Old 05-26-2005, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Allright, put that way it sounds better.
Here are a couple questions i would have.
1)What do new posters do. Granted, most of the times they don't seem that great, but everyone was new at one time or another.
2)Say the group doesn't like Dead's posts. So they ignore him. But he realizes this, and promises to reform and post Goot. Do we accept him now. This is what i don't like. Basically we are wiping out all the diversity of the site, since no one will really read the non-members post. Or am i misunderstanding this?

[/ QUOTE ]

1)New posters would still be read. While it would be completely up to the group to make a decision, i imagine there would have to be somewhat of a history of poor posting habits to make the list. We all make silly posts from time to time. What bothers some of us so much is that there are some who contribute nothing to this forum except one-liners that never even started being funny.

2) Sooner or later, the message would get through that said poster has reformed. There will be people who choose to reform, and im sure we will find out about it. Also, This is a problem of the ignore function, not the idea buster presented. Im convinced that in time, any poster who doesnt deserve to be on our list wouldnt be.

peace

john nickle
Old 05-26-2005, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In Highschool your status or clique membershis was determined largely by skin color and how much money your parents made.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be really old.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm 21. Still existed 3 years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Must be where you're from. I lived in a very liberal town and basically there was no rhyme or reason as to why a person was in the popular clique.
Old 05-26-2005, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Must be where you're from. I lived in a very liberal town and basically there was no rhyme or reason as to why a person was in the popular clique.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah. You never cracked the code. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]