Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 10:23 PM

Default Re: Can Party Poker 4th and 5th street cards be predicted?

[ QUOTE ]
You guys can believe what you want.....but I know 3 college kids that sit in the same games on Party and UB with head phones on and use Roger Wilco.......pretty scary if your in that game......

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry about those clowns, I sold them my old log4 Pattern Map for a grand apiece.

Old 01-30-2004, 10:43 PM

there is nothing definitive that I can add to the discussion. I believe there is some psychology involved here as well. For some reason, there are people who get antagonistic about computer generated randomness,
but don't seem to be bothered much by human generated randomness (such as a dealer shuffling cards).

I haven't studied random procedures much, but I do know that there are many tests applied to random number generators in the general direction of their output satisfying criteria that a true collection
of random numbers would satisfy. As long as these criteria are met, a human's limited exposure to them should make them appear to be truly random.

Within mathematics there is a subject called Ramsey Theory that has some interesting implications. Essentially, Ramsey Theory tells us that for sufficiently large collections of whatever, you can always find certain very special collections contained in the large collection. Since many special collections are recognizable to the
human eye, some people will respond, "Look, that big collection contains a whatever it is, therefore, the big collection cannot be random."

The preceding - though explained rather fuzzily - make me dubious when dealing with people like ulysse.

I think that ulysse is either a crypto analysis genius, a sick guy with a major dellusional disorder or a liar.

Still waiting for results ulysse...
Old 01-30-2004, 10:50 PM

Default Re: An nice intro to pattern maps

Come on, don't you think that's a little basic. Oh well, I guess for complete beginners it will have to suffice.

Regards,
Brad S
Old 01-31-2004, 04:11 AM

Default BUMP

im tired of seeing ryan talk to himself
Old 01-31-2004, 07:47 AM

Default Re: BUMP

Maybe Ryan would be interested in some slightly used maps?
Maybe he will let us know when he sobers up lol
Old 01-31-2004, 08:26 AM

Now which Ryan are we talking about? There were two drunk ones posting tonight? Are we talk about Mr businessman or Mr Im going to kill myself? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

cubs
Old 01-31-2004, 08:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There were two drunk ones posting tonight?

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm, wonder who's been drinking... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 01-31-2004, 02:52 PM

Default Re: To all interested in obtaining Party pattern maps

[ QUOTE ]
I've responded to a number of PMs, but rather than respond to the rest, I'll just post this here:

I'm only doing this (running hand history sequences) for serious bidders and I've set up an escrow account for these bidders to place a retainer in. I've currently run multiple 100-hand sequences successfully for 8 bidders and the current bid is well into the six figures. Most of these bidders represent high-stakes individual gamblers or consortiums.

I have also decided to offer ONE and only ONE free copy to whoever can post the best essay in this thread describing why they deserve a free copy. I'm doing that both as a sort of public service but also so there will be one amateur gambler who can post testimonials about his or her results (I doubt any of the bidders will publicize their usage).

[/ QUOTE ]

When I first posted this thread, I was probably on tilt in the middle of a 100BB downswing, and frankly was willing to listen to any and all conspiracy theories. And so, like I said in my original post, this random player just waltzes into the table, a pretty chatty player and we're talking about how Paradise is a rock garden compared to Party. And then all of a sudden he randomly blurts that he can predict 4th and 5th street cards on Party. So I figure, why not post it on 2+2, the greatest poker forum in the world?

Judging by the first few responses, I felt like I was an idiot fish micro-limit player for asking such a stupid question to the brilliant, battle-tested professionals that make up the Zoo. Ulysses, I even thought your original post was a thinly veiled attempt at bashing my naivity. Alas, I was wrong.

I feel I deserve this free copy because well, I started this thread. I don't know if you had ever planned to eventually "come out of the closet" with your pattern mapping innovation, but I provided you with an avenue to let your secret out. As a result of this thread, you will be able to get a 6-figure (or more) payoff, and likely vault yourself into gambling lore at the same level, or perhaps exceeding, the great MIT Vegas blackjack heist.

I know you probably would have eventually came out and just made your own thread revealing your pattern mapping program, but frankly, the way you did it on this thread was so much better. Alas, if I don't win the program, I will have to go purchase Majorkong's book to learn how to actually play poker.
Old 01-31-2004, 02:59 PM

Default Whats the over/under on views & responeses?

Currently just past 7K views, reckon we can get over 10k?
Old 01-31-2004, 05:20 PM

If any of you spent the same amount of time working on your game as you do coming up with these fanciful posts, I wouldn't be a winning player.
Closed Thread