Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2005, 03:31 PM

Default Re: ***The OFFICIAL Yanks @ Angels ALDS***

[ QUOTE ]
game 4 rained out. see you tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another disadvantage for the Yanks. Even if we pull out game 4 on Sunday, we'll have to fly cross-country to play the next day, which is hell on an aging team. Not cool.
Old 10-08-2005, 03:46 PM

new york is wetter than a young, hot, 16 year old right now....

wait, what were we talking about?
Old 10-08-2005, 03:54 PM

Had tickets, it is pouring here in NY. Now my evening consists of headin down to Continental tonight to see the Devils/Rangers. Had Jet tickets all along for tomorrow's game againist the Bucs. Rescheduled Yankee game for tomorrow at 8. 3 games in roughly 24hrs.

Dominic, look for me on camera as I am getting pummeled by thousands of disgruntled Yankee fans as I root on our Angels! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

If these 3 games and my wannabe Kenny Mayne trip is any good, I'll write up a nice trip report.
Old 10-08-2005, 04:00 PM

i hope a yankee fan takes your hat and throws it from your reach [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

but you probably aren't sitting out with the creatures...
Old 10-08-2005, 04:25 PM

Default Re: Game 3 Thoughts

The first round is something of a crap shoot because any good team can win three of five from any other. I don't agree that a four out of seven series qualifies, though, as a "long" series. There have been many instances where a team with poor hitting or meiocre pitching won the series.

Having said that, I have been saying all along that I would be surprised if either the Yankees or Red Sox made the World Series precisely because their pitching staffs are weak. When you have a weak overall staff, you really depend on your two or three aces. You saw what happened last night when two of the Yankees' best pitchers (Johnson and Gordon) were off their games; and you saw what happened when the Red Sox's two most consistent starters (Wakefield and Wells) were off theirs. The Angels got Bird out of there when he faultered and the Yankees scored two more runs; whereas the Angeles scored six off of the Yankee relievers.

I actually think the rainout today helps the Yankees in that they'll have Wang available in the bullpen if Chacon (or Mussina) faulters tomorrow.
Old 10-08-2005, 04:28 PM

I felt they would still win the game, or at least that they had a good chance when down 7-6. Gordon does his job and Jeter's home run ties it. Then you go with Mariano for as long as necessary. Seems to me Gordon messes around too much in the playoffs. Fire in your fast ball until they hit it. Then again, there aint' much there there in the Yankee pen. I hope they put Wang in there, I think he's an excellent choice for 2-3 innings.
Old 10-08-2005, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Had tickets, it is pouring here in NY. Now my evening consists of headin down to Continental tonight to see the Devils/Rangers. Had Jet tickets all along for tomorrow's game againist the Bucs. Rescheduled Yankee game for tomorrow at 8. 3 games in roughly 24hrs.

Dominic, look for me on camera as I am getting pummeled by thousands of disgruntled Yankee fans as I root on our Angels! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

If these 3 games and my wannabe Kenny Mayne trip is any good, I'll write up a nice trip report.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where will you be sitting, Boot? I'll look for ya! And what will you be wearing?
Old 10-08-2005, 07:43 PM

anybody know if Molina will be playing tomorrow night??
Old 10-08-2005, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually think the rainout today helps the Yankees in that they'll have Wang available in the bullpen if Chacon (or Mussina) faulters tomorrow

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it helps Angels more. Shields and Escobar threw a lot of pitches last night and they are very important cogs in LA's pen. Today they probably wouldn't have been either available or sharp. Tommorrow they will be.
Old 10-09-2005, 05:48 PM

finally a break for the yanks?

washburn is out for game 4...throat infection from sucking cock in the village last night. lackey is pitching tonight on short rest.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playof...ory?id=2185871