Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2005, 07:21 PM

Default Re: Help me lose weight.

You can do it man. I'm down 60 in 3 months. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-19-2005, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can do it man. I'm down 60 in 3 months. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to share how you did it?
Old 03-19-2005, 08:30 PM

Like others said, it shouldn't be a problem losing the weight in that span of time...you may not even have to exercise if you cut out all junk food/soda and try to avoid a lot of carbs especially later in the day.
Old 03-19-2005, 08:56 PM

Didn't you make a post asking for advice on purchasing some green the other week. If i were you i'd scrub that idea otherwise it could be expensive.
Old 03-19-2005, 08:58 PM

holy crap count me in

you can lose that amount of weight though, walk/ jog, eat right and drink water.

it really isn't brain surgery- i'm a chubby bastard, but with ambition it could be changed. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-20-2005, 01:30 AM

back when i weighted about 300Ibs and was getting serious about weight loss. I stumbled onto this site.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/

it is THE best source for information about losing weight. Many professional body builders post on this site. Read EVERY thread in the losing weight / nutrition section. In order to effectively lose weight you have to understand exactly how your body works and how it reacts to certain foods. from carbs/sugars/fat/etc...

Set up an eating / workout routine and stick to it. you'll be there in no time. It took me about 57 weeks (combined) to go from 300ibs down to 180 (the picture I use was when i was at 182). I would diet for 15 weeks, for 1 week eat somewhat normally (this increases your metabolism) then diet again for 15 weeks, etc...
Old 03-20-2005, 05:38 AM

I'll lay out the basics for anyone who wants to lose weight. Drink water, eat protein, NO SUGAR. Here's Kenrick's one-line diet to the stars: NO SUGAR, eat as much steak as you want. If you don't lose weight, then you cheated on the diet and didn't do what I say. Yeah, yeah, I see you drinking that Mountain Dew and eating that handful of Doritos....

Even mild exercise will certainly help. Grab a jumprope and use it for 15 minutes while watching a Magnum P.I. rerun or whatever. Weights are better. Don't have to kill yourself. Main part is stop eating crap. Stop eating crap and you'll stop feeling like crap.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:35 AM

Try the Abs Diet, I know people who have good success with it, and its not unhealthy like the low carbs diets.
Old 03-20-2005, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't need the money but I can't resist a positive EV play. Good luck in losing the weight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same goes for me. Except the part about needing the money. Goodluck with this.

Edit: Didn't see the 24 hour restriction. I guess I don't qualify. Goodluck anyways.
Old 03-20-2005, 01:32 PM

Obese people can lose 10 pounds in 30mins in water weight from running once. Most lose an absurd amount in the first couple days, especially if they have been completely sedentary their whole life.

The great thing about being a fat lug is doing anything results in a huge improvement.

After your body get past the "What the hell is he doing" phase results above 2 pounds a week mean the person is losing cosiderable lean body mass. Most people who haven't exercised before never care about this. Which sucks for them becuase the reason they will still look bad after hitting their ideal weight is becuase of it.

If you want to know everything about fat loss that you'll ever need to know I recommend "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle" by Tom Venuto. You can order it from his website off www.fitren.com (Click on Burn the fat, if you want to see examples of the info there is plenty in the Ask Tom, Q&A, and Newsletter section)

If it was a poker book it would be the equivalent of SSHE.