Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2005, 10:08 AM

Default Re: My 2 years

What do you hope to accomplish with this line of conversation? He's already admitted he didn't like what he did. Should he do it with more conviction. Walk into a police station and turn himself in (where the police will probably raise an eyebrow, say "that's nice" and tell him to go away).

This whole thread is like:

Klepton: I made mistakes, I regret them, and I'm no longer that person. This is what happened with poker... (and the poker part was what the post was really about).

Idiots who have never done anything wrong in their lives and float about this earth on the wings of doves: YOU MADE A MISTAKE, DIE.

Friends of Klepton: He said that he made a mistake.

Idiots: NO, DON'T YOU SEE, HE DID BAD THINGS, HE IS A BAD PERSON.

FoK: Even he admits he isn't happy with the person he was then. Also, we know Klepton pretty well and think that despite this he's a good guy.

Idiots: THAT IS NOT ENOUGH, WE DEMAND PAYBACK AND A CANING. KLEPTON IS PURE EVIL AND MIGHT STEAL YOUR FIRST BORN CHILD. BURN HIM. BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Just give it a rest, you don't gain anything by perpetuating this conversation. It's all ready been asked an answered by now.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you hope to accomplish with this line of conversation?

[/ QUOTE ]

I asked two very specific, though quite different, questions. What I hoped to accomplish was an answer to them, which would satisfy my curiosity. Curiosity is a fleeting thing though, and by the time I read your response to my post I found myself no longer caring less as to what the answers are.

I like your summary of the post so far, although I'm not sure how you place me on the Klepton must die side.

[ QUOTE ]
Just give it a rest, you don't gain anything by perpetuating this conversation.

[/ QUOTE ]

True. In fact I feel this is true of very many posts which is why I rarely contribute.

[ QUOTE ]
It's all ready been asked an answered by now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true, unless I missed it.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Idiots who have never done anything wrong in their lives and float about this earth on the wings of doves: YOU MADE A MISTAKE, DIE.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think perhaps this group is more likely to be:

People who have been victims of theft and didn't get the satisfaction of catching the perpetrator in the act, or see him/her brought to justice.

We are all products of our experiences after all.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:02 AM

I've had my car broken into 5 times. It really sucks I think that stealing is basically saying "my needs are more important than yours*" and that that's the hallmark of a person who isn't making an effort to be a meaningful part of society.

That said, I'm smart enough to see that A- Klepton has moved past that and feels bad about it. B- Klepton did not break into my car and no matter how furiously I post at him, he will not give me my speakers, my decks and my Mobb Deep CD* back.

*- that's because the police let the guys they caught keep it, because they were not white and they assume that the "gangster rap" they had on them couldn't belong to the white guy that owned the car.
Old 08-07-2005, 02:49 PM

Just give it a rest, you don't gain anything by perpetuating this conversation. It's all ready been asked an answered by now.
Old 08-07-2005, 03:20 PM

Not yet. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-07-2005, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it was a better chair and i never got caught!

[/ QUOTE ]

You should be so proud
I hope you and Klepton have your stuff stolen soon

[/ QUOTE ]

Watch it, you've siezed the moral high ground now!!!
Old 08-07-2005, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let this by my first flame post. You are an immature idiot. Stealing is wrong. Very wrong. If all your friends steal bikes, then I suggest you go to www.futureme.org and make a post to change your ways (and change your friends). If you don't view this as extremely bad behavior, then good luck with life. You can't be a 20-year old moron when you are 40!

[/ QUOTE ]

Relax, everyone has a klepto/shoplifter stage. And it's almost always a stage that you grow out of. Which he obviously has.

Great ex post facto lecture tho.
Old 08-07-2005, 07:12 PM

Glad to hear you've turned things around.
Old 08-07-2005, 07:41 PM

What else did you steal?

the virginity of young college boys. so yes, he is a bike stealing anal rapist. but hes sorry.