Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 01:09 AM

Default Re: a test (don\'t bother reading this one)

Anyone know how to fix a bite mark in an LCD screen?

Onaflag............
Old 05-10-2005, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I have been having trouble lately trying to beat the $3/6 game at my local cardroom. I have been playing for about a year, read some five books or so, and consider myself a decent poker player with a students mind (generating $4/hr in sixty hours total). The problem is that in multiway pots, where you have several chasers going after different outs, a typically good hand like AK with top pair (or TPTK) seems to get frequently sucked out. I know I should embrace this, but I can only conclude that my strategy is flawed. I have been told to play more suited connectors in early and middle position, and avoid unsuited big cards unless in ideal situations (in late-late position, or with fewer than ____(?) previous callers). Am I correct in this reasoning? As you can tell from my name, it has been on my mind for a while now...lol.

E_R

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at the OP's first post on this forum. His thinking, brilliant in my opinion.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I have been having trouble lately trying to beat the $3/6 game at my local cardroom. I have been playing for about a year, read some five books or so, and consider myself a decent poker player with a students mind (generating $4/hr in sixty hours total). The problem is that in multiway pots, where you have several chasers going after different outs, a typically good hand like AK with top pair (or TPTK) seems to get frequently sucked out. I know I should embrace this, but I can only conclude that my strategy is flawed. I have been told to play more suited connectors in early and middle position, and avoid unsuited big cards unless in ideal situations (in late-late position, or with fewer than ____(?) previous callers). Am I correct in this reasoning? As you can tell from my name, it has been on my mind for a while now...lol.

E_R

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at the OP's first post on this forum. His thinking, brilliant in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 05-11-2005, 07:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry all, I am using this as a test because I thought I'd sent out a previous, which didn't get through.

ER

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, stick it in her pooper? Sorry dude, it had to be said.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:58 AM

Just want both tests to be on the top.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:46 PM

This thread is not yet big enough.

Bob
Old 05-13-2005, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Bob

[/ QUOTE ]

Big enough for what? It is certainly big enough to attract attention. Big enough so that the concept has now been stolen. Big enough that it's destiny cannot yet be imagined by mere poker mortals. Big enough for even Matt, the almighty thread locker, to have given in to the desire to forever prohibit the creation of another lame response.

The question is certainly not whether this thread is big enough. It becomes more of a wonderation of how big is too big. Sure, we may never know. That is now a possibility and I will humbly accept a non-answer, or better still, an incorrect statement whether it be well thought out or not. Does that make sense? Good.

So to the point of this reply. I believe, with absolute conviction of at least 35%, that this thread will continue to pulsate even though mindless replies rape the integrity of same. That being said, there is relatively little more to say at the moment.

Onaflag..........
Old 05-13-2005, 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Bob

[/ QUOTE ]

Big enough for what? It is certainly big enough to attract attention. Big enough so that the concept has now been stolen. Big enough that it's destiny cannot yet be imagined by mere poker mortals. Big enough for even Matt, the almighty thread locker, to have given in to the desire to forever prohibit the creation of another lame response.

The question is certainly not whether this thread is big enough. It becomes more of a wonderation of how big is too big. Sure, we may never know. That is now a possibility and I will humbly accept a non-answer, or better still, an incorrect statement whether it be well thought out or not. Does that make sense? Good.

So to the point of this reply. I believe, with absolute conviction of at least 35%, that this thread will continue to pulsate even though mindless replies rape the integrity of same. That being said, there is relatively little more to say at the moment.

Onaflag..........

[/ QUOTE ]

Where's my beer?
Old 05-13-2005, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Bob

[/ QUOTE ]

Bump.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:19 PM

Trying to get my post count up.
Closed Thread