Two Plus Two Older Archives

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 12:56 AM
Los Feliz Slim Los Feliz Slim is offline
Senior Member

Location: LA
Default Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

"Keep on keeping on"

I think Katie also enjoys the P.O.T.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:36 AM
Oski Oski is offline
Senior Member

Location: Los Angeles, California

[ QUOTE ]
Here is a follow up.

[ QUOTE ]
Old 02-24-2005, 03:26 AM
steamboatin steamboatin is offline
Senior Member

Location: Southern Indiana

This thread just keeps getting better.
Old 02-24-2005, 03:46 AM
greatbrit greatbrit is offline
Member

>>> Funny. We should get Katie over here and give the Brit
>>> the Boot.

I'm thinking I'd better start P.O.T. before I get fired

Paul
http://www.pokermountain.com
Old 02-24-2005, 05:59 AM
parappa parappa is offline
Senior Member

[ QUOTE ]
>>> Funny. We should get Katie over here and give the Brit
>>> the Boot.

I'm thinking I'd better start P.O.T. before I get fired

Paul
http://www.pokermountain.com

[/ QUOTE ]

If they actually change the name of the site to poo mountain, you know you're in trouble! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-24-2005, 06:45 AM
Kenrick Kenrick is offline
Senior Member

Location: Green Bay, WI

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't have believed any of this if other people hadn't said they'd played with him. I have now learned three things after reading all this:

1) Poker Mountain needs to do more to attract (bad) players.
2) People get really angry for the dumbest reasons.
3) This is possibly the funniest thread since Bisonbison's response to the "I'm a card mechanic" thread (under Home Poker I think).

[/ QUOTE ]

4) PokerMountain has no intention of ever being successful.
Old 02-24-2005, 11:39 AM
Oski Oski is offline
Senior Member

Location: Los Angeles, California

I wouldn't have believed any of this if other people hadn't said they'd played with him. I have now learned three things after reading all this:

1) Poker Mountain needs to do more to attract (bad) players.
2) People get really angry for the dumbest reasons.
3) This is possibly the funniest thread since Bisonbison's response to the "I'm a card mechanic" thread (under Home Poker I think).

[/ QUOTE ]

4) PokerMountain has no intention of ever being successful.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree with you.

When Brown Thumb gets up and running, he makes his table a feeding frenzy. That's good for the site.

It seems P.M. has compromised and allowed him to continue playing, but without chat. I think P.M. also recognizes that B.T. is a character and he might (might) help promote the site in an indirect manner. At the very least, B.T. seems honest and if the site is any good, he will let people know.

I also think Katie and GreatBrit show they have a nice sense of humor and are trying to turn a negative into a positive (or, they are trying to creatively deal with a pain-in-the-ass).

After all of this fuss, I downloaded P.M. and opened an account for a look-see. It seems fine, but I am just not comfortable with the lack of traffic right now. If it picks up, I might try it. At least, due to this tread, I am a little closer to trying P.M.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:46 PM
Brown Thumb Brown Thumb is offline
Senior Member

Location: I love P.O.T.

[ QUOTE ]
>>> Funny. We should get Katie over here and give the Brit
>>> the Boot.

I'm thinking I'd better start P.O.T. before I get fired

Paul
http://www.pokermountain.com

[/ QUOTE ]

greatbrit (Paul), we have never met. Let me introduce myself. I am Thumb. Brown Thumb. Nice to make your acquaintance.

Anyhow, I am thinking about putting your site to the test. I am thinking T-minus three days for Poo Mountain (Saturday).

Here is what I propose. I will deposit $500 and play, but only if my original BrownThumb account is restored with full chat privileges. I really cannot enjoy losing my money unless I can chat about smoking P.O.T. and other things. I will keep my language clean, but I cannot promise not to respond to those who inevitably will start berating me for my maniac play.

If you are worried about this, I can assure you that I played on Party last week with minimal incident. I was called a lot of names and made fun of but I was still having fun and everything was pretty mellow.

Also, just like at Party, I am sure a crowd might form now that I have made a spectacle of myself. It might turn into a festive atmosphere, you never know.

The only things certain are that I will be smoking P.O.T. and that I will lose.

If you were smart, you would even advertise this: Who would you rather play? Daniel N., T.J. Cloutier, or BROWN THUMB? or "Come share an evening with Brown Thumb." You get the picture.

Maybe you can have a bunch of shills play me and with my $500 you can upgrade the software.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:10 PM
revots33 revots33 is offline
Junior Member

[ QUOTE ]
Yesterday, poker was such an easy game to play
Just bet, raise, and cap the night away
I do believe P.O.T. affects my play.

Where the bankroll go, I don't know, I cannot say
I'm so stoned right now, I make for easy prey.

Run to the hills, run for your lives
Brown Thumb's on tilt, come claim your prize

As I check-raise on the turn.
I start to sense the familiar burn,
He three bets it and its underway,
I cap this sh!t cause I came to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy crap this is some of the funniest stuff I've read in a long time. Thread of the year without a doubt. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-24-2005, 03:21 PM
Los Feliz Slim Los Feliz Slim is offline
Senior Member

Location: LA

I have another idea: The Brown Thumb 2+2 Invitational Tournament at Poker Mountain.

Poker Mountain needs players, 2+2 has them. So, PM should run a freeroll for 2+2 players who open accounts at PM. Winners would get their $$ only after getting enough player points, or whatever they are on PM.

To make it the true BT Invitational, an additional prize would be awarded to the player who survives the most all-ins in the course of the tournament. Also, specifically for this tournament and this tournament ONLY, foul-mouthed chat is not only allowed but encouraged. To me, this sounds like great fun and a win/win for everybody.

Who knows, Greatbrit, a lot of 2+2ers might find they really like the interface, which I happen to think is nice and clean and easy to use.
Closed Thread