Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2004, 06:14 PM

Default Re: Request for Babysitting Info

Greg:

For the piece of mind, I'd pay the $30/hr to a hotel employee who was probably vetted by the hotel and has a track record of responsibility rather than a complete stranger from a BB reference.

Look at it like a high insurance premium for your most prized possession.

BTW, I hope you have a good financial advisor helping you invest you winnings!!!
Old 07-02-2004, 06:27 PM

Default Re: DUDE! Are you serious?

If I were Greg, I'd do the exact same thing.
Old 07-02-2004, 07:03 PM

moved to main thread

Old 07-02-2004, 07:05 PM

Default Re: Request for Babysitting Info | found one for you, sounds good!

Hi Greg!

I found this one for you and called them for rates/info.

Grandma Dott's Babysitting Agency, Bonded and Licensed, 24 hrs and they come to you.

Basically they will babysit in your hotel room, $40 for first 4 hours (their minimum anyhow), $8 each additional hour....

702-456-1175

Call ahead and should be all set.

I'd wish you luck but... the horseshoe you sat on is gonna need surgery for removal, sorry...
8)

-Bri
Old 07-02-2004, 08:44 PM

Greg,

You are a smart man. I can't believe those of you that are saying: "He has 5 mil! Don't be cheap!"

Being "cheap" like this is how people get and stay wealthy. Dumbass celebs that blow their wad on million dollar jewelery probably won't be rich forever.

To those of you that think Greg is cheap you should read: The Millionaire Next Door by Paul Stanley.

-Craig
Old 07-02-2004, 09:20 PM

girlfriend's soon-to-be 14 yr old daughter

Eh?

You girlfriend is inheriting a 14 yr old daugter?
Old 07-02-2004, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To those of you that think Greg is cheap you should read: The Millionaire Next Door by Paul Stanley.

-Craig

[/ QUOTE ]

im falling on the side of "pay the extra bucks for the hotel." i am extremely cheap and i would always agree w/ saving a few bucks....

but i think what others are saying, and im whole-heartedly agreeing w/, is that greg's life is quite different than ours now and it's not a money thing, but a safety thing. he's going to back to vegas, the same town he was just announced a multi-millionaire. there are way too many weirdos out there who are trying to make crooked money. w/ a big wallet and high profile, id never feel the kids are safe soliciting babysitting from strangers. id be distracted by that during the tourney.

lots of luck to you in the upcoming tourney, greg. cant wait to watch WSOP on tv.

bwana
Old 07-02-2004, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Being "cheap" like this is how people get and stay wealthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is ONE way to get and stay wealthy.

To those of you who can't fathom the fact that for certain income/wealth levels 3 digit dollar amounts are insignificant, I suggest that you take a math class.

Oddly enough, I agree with Greg's decision to decide to ask on the forum about someone for his kid to hang out with during the tournament. If I had a kid, I'd sooner trust someone that I at least vaguely know than some random people at a babysitting place. Perhaps I've been lucky, though, in the set of 2+2ers whom I have met.

~D
Old 07-02-2004, 10:41 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

it's not like he's going out for dinner, guys. he's travelling out of town to play in a 10k buyin tournament. i would understand not paying anywhere near 30/hr around home with known people, but in a completely foreign area i would literally never look up a random babysitter to save a few bucks.
Old 07-03-2004, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he's going to back to vegas, the same town he was just announced a multi-millionaire. there are way too many weirdos out there who are trying to make crooked money. w/ a big wallet and high profile, id never feel the kids are safe soliciting babysitting from strangers.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i'm sure you couldn't find anyone staying at the bellagio who is worth 5 million dollars, i think you are all too paranoid.