Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2004, 10:14 AM

Default Re: Play from the small blind

Yes, sorry I meant out of position in regards to his stack size, meaning that he could still fold a below average hand given that the BB would certainly call T15 more with any two, that the SB would likely call. In addition the small stack would be in the BB the next hand, it was possible that the big stack now on the button wouldn't like his hand enough to waste T215 and that the medium stack would choose not to double up the small stack with a sub par hand as well, giving him a few extra chips to fold his small blind if necessary and get through a few more hands.

Given this specific situation, it's likely the small stack has an above average hand.
Old 06-22-2004, 10:21 AM

In the BB, it's possible that if both his opponents get sub standard hands, they might fold giving him T100 extra rather than risking doubling him up. More of an issue for the medium stack, but still a possibility that lends itself to why he might wait in this position with out at least an above average hand.

He also has to assume that unless the BB hits his hand hard, the large stack in the SB is going to take the next pot, which helps him as well.
Old 06-22-2004, 07:32 PM

Yes, sorry for the typo. I was on the SB.

The BB and I checked down a hand earlier that tripled up the guy on the button and with 46o I figured I was just throwing my money away. The board just got lucky and would have hit my hand perfectly this time.

-Geng