Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2004, 04:45 PM

Default Re: Commerce 10-20 NL Hand 3 of 3

[ QUOTE ]
I friggin' love my hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I get check-raised on that board, I don't "friggin' love" anything that loses to a set of sevens. I might raise back with something that loses to a set of sevens, but I certainly don't friggin' love it...

ML4L
Old 06-21-2004, 04:51 PM

Default Results

I really tanked on this one for the first and only time all trip. Counted the pot. Thought about pretty much what turnip and ML4L said. Thought about how things went down. And everything pointed to him having flopped the joint. Thought about the fact that I was getting 1760:1200 here. Guessed that I was about 2:1 dog v. the straight, but wasn't exactly sure. Was pretty sure I wasn't getting the right price v. a straight though. And what finally swung the balance was that if he didn't have the straight, I felt 88 or 99 were a lot more likely than two pair, in which case I'm pretty much dead, dead, dead.

So I folded. And then I did another thing that I did for the first and only time this trip. I flipped over my cards. Why? Well, we were leaving pretty soon and I really did want to know if my read was right. As expected, my opponent then said "I never ever do this, but since you're a nice guy, I will." And he flipped over JT.

And for the hour or so we played before heading home, I managed to steal from him w/ impunity, so things worked out just fine.
Old 06-21-2004, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I might raise back with something that loses to a set of sevens, but I certainly don't friggin' love it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.
Old 06-21-2004, 05:22 PM

"PS To give you an idea of how much common sense I have, I was reading this post this morning and thinking, "Hmm, that Diablo guy has a lot of posts and plays high-stakes. Wonder why I haven't seen him post here before... Turnip clued me in, and now I feel like an idiot. "

I was wondering the same thing, could you explain this to me
Old 06-21-2004, 05:29 PM

Nevermind.
Old 06-21-2004, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From now on, I think all of my posts are basically gonna be "I say whatever turnip and Matt Flynn say."

[/ QUOTE ]

mike, I feel like both of us have sort of developed along the same lines, even though I've never played with you.

maybe in about 10 years or so I'll play half as good as matt. what a player.....

--turnipmonster
Old 06-21-2004, 06:32 PM

you are always completely f*cked with this betting pattern against this kind of player. you'd have to know the guy well not to raise the flop, but if this bet was out of character for him i might wait and try to keep the pot small unless i fill. i usually bet out here. why checkraise?
Old 06-21-2004, 06:33 PM

That would have been the first time i folded a set. I'd call in all your other hands though.