Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2004, 09:21 PM

Default Re: What do I keep doing wrong to be -BB/100? Help please.

Ugh... 50/1... I feel your pain.

Okay, before we go to hand history analysis, please repeat after me:

"They WILL NOT FOLD"

The .50/1 drones will call down anything, and I mean anything, so betting in an effort to get people on draws to fold is usually fruitless. To beat 50/1 you really need to be in "A-B-C Poker" mode.

Okay, Hand 1. You got rogered. Not much you could have done there.

Hand 2. Not too excited about the raise with KJs, but I'm pretty tight. Riddle me this. If you hit the K, are you in love with this hand? Anyway, nice ram and jam pre-flop, but I'm not a huge fan of pressing that post-flop. At this point, you're now approx 4 to 1 to hit, you currently have no hand and you're out of position. I'd have slowed down into check/call mode here. What was the thinking behind the river bet? Remember, they won't fold.

Hand 3. This is the perfect example of "if it's possible they have it, they have it". A pair of kings loses to a pair of aces every time. When UTG wakes up and bets into you after the pre-flop raise, he might as well show you the ace. I know it's painful to fold the Men but let's face it, you're down to 2 outs. Even the tool that ended up making the funky straight with T5o was in better position to be in that hand then you were.

Hand 4. Hmmm... Didn't end up the way I figured you'd have lost. Turns out you were pretty much screwed from the start, however, when that King hit on the turn, I'd have gotten nervous. If I was feeling frisky I might have bet the turn too, but most times I'll check this and see what happens. Anyway, I can't really fault the turn bet, but when you got raise, all sorts of alarm bells would have been going off in my head. That being said, not much you could have done here.

Standard disclaimer: I'm no expert.
Old 06-12-2004, 09:22 PM

Default Re: What do I keep doing wrong to be -BB/100? Help please.

I would not assume you are losing money due to a high loss rate from the blinds. Almost everyone has a significant loss rate from both blinds.

As everyone said, you are playing too many hands. What hands are you playing (calling and raising) from different positions?

Also, it looks to me like you are going to too many showdowns and not winning enough. In games like this where many players are seeing to flop you need to be able to get away from hands when the action gets heavy in relatively small pots or when it is very clear you are beat.

For comparisons sake my number from Party 50/1 are below. I was on a good run for these hands so they are somewhat skewed (particularly the BB/100). Also, I only have 4350 hands in PT at that level.

V$IP = 19.52
W$WSF% = 27.99
BB/100 = 8.30
WSD% = 31.48
W$SD% = 55.01
PFR% = 6.69

I am not saying my numbers are right. I just thought it might be helpful for you to have something to compare to.