Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2004, 12:56 PM

Default Re: What is your Move here?

Raise or fold preflop. On the flop, I'd either fold or call. The reason I wouldn't raise is because it looks too much like a steal attempt. He's got you as a tight player, so any hand that beats his except KT, K9, K2 or 22 you would have raised preflop.

I'd lean towards a fold and pick a better spot. The only reason I might call is because of the amount of chips it would be worth if you hit your straight and because your calling with position might buy you a free river if what you suspect is true and he doesn't hit his kicker.

In other words, a weak K might slow down on the turn giving you your two chances to make your hand and take some more of his chips, especially if you check out the turn and the river makes your hand or if you make your hand on the turn and then check out, he might bet into you on the river and get himself pot committed.

I understand the thought of trying to steal here with a semi bluff, but everything about this hand would scream steal (closeness to the bubble, no raise preflop from you). If getting into the good money is his goal and he's less concerned about the bubble, you're in trouble here.
Old 06-10-2004, 01:30 PM

Default Re: What is your Move here?

I don't understand the pre-flop call. I think I would raise here.

Given that you called, I think I fold to the flop bet. I will make the assumption you need to make the straight to win this pot. I don't believe you can push the BB off it, he's in too deep. So it will cost you 21,000 to put him in, and you'll only hit 1 in 3 and you won't get that price unless someone else comes along too. Just calling seems wrong too, 8,000 for a 1 in 5 chance at 3-1 odds.
Old 06-10-2004, 03:21 PM

Default Re: Results - What did you think of his call? + Final Table Bluff

Jon,
Gee, you lost twice on open ended straight draws.
Do I detect a pattern? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
After I read that T.J. Cloutier never bets a draw (unless its a semi-bluff), I decided to grit my teeth and lay down nice draws if I had to pay more than 2BB's to draw.
I'm am positive that it has helped me keep more chips in my stack for a bigger double up later.
Nice work to get to the final table.
regards,
woodguy