Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2004, 09:09 AM

Default Re: How to play SnGs against poor players....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

um..for me, at the late stages i've found "playing real poker" just to be 'who can be the luckier person of the coin toss."

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know why you would even play SNGs if you think it is that much of a crapshoot. I agree when it's heads up its a coin flip, but with 4 or 5 left there is some poker to be played.

[/ QUOTE ]

like what? steal the blinds? and if they fight back and re-raise me, i have to decide to fold/push or do a stop&go. if i dont fold, then either way, i'm committed and it's usually another coin toss (my pocket pair vs his 2 over cards, or my Ax vs KQs).
Old 06-09-2004, 12:23 PM

Don't trap with big hands. Push in. Poor players will call big bets with hands you beat, especially draws not getting correct odds. Plus, one characteristic of poor players is that they think people bluff more than they actually do.

I hear Dynasty's oft-repeated words..."worse hands will call."
Old 06-09-2004, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Plus, one characteristic of poor players is that they think people bluff more than they actually do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, that must be me. I always have this mortal fear that people are trying to play back at me when I've shown agression and are just trying to steal or buy my pot. I'd better stop doing that. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 06-09-2004, 01:19 PM

Jedi you would be surprised at how often people play back at you after you ahve shown aggression. It is not very often. This is why you need to bet especially in NL tournaments because you can be almost possitive that your opponent has a hand if he plays back. It takes real nerve to play back at someone, and it needs to work EVERY time you do it, because the one time it doesnt work you will lose a lot of chips. This makes it so people who are willing to play back generally don't make it very far unless they are very good at reading people. This is even more true when the blinds are high later in tournaments online.