Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2004, 11:30 AM

Default Re: Question to all internet players

I usually play two tables at once (full ring games), and use the auto-request for hand histories every 15 minutes (last 50 hands). I don't see 50 hands in 15 minutes, but I figure it's better to ask for too many and have duplicates that PokerTracker ignores rather than miss some hands by asking for too few.
Old 06-08-2004, 12:53 PM

I disagree, I find $2/$4 to be noticably harder than $1/$2. On the whole I think most people underestimate the difference in quality between all stakes, I can tell the difference between every level I've played at.
Old 06-08-2004, 11:52 AM

1) Following previously played fish (i know you do)
If I open a table and have notes on another player that I think is weak I'll sit down. I mostly just try to avoid the strong players.

2) Monitoring how the chips are spread out
- One person with too many chips at a 6max bad or good??
- The more chips on the table the better??
I try to avoid short tables because I don't think I play them very well. I like sitting with tables with a fair amount of chips but not too much. 6X the buyin usually scare me away.

3) Investigating to see if people may be working together on a table??
Don't really check for this. If something jumps out at me like the time 2 guys were talking to each other on one table and then joined my other table I'll get up and find another table.

4) Talk to increase the chances of a call when holding a monster??
I used to turn the chat off because I didn't want the chatter to effect my decisions. I leave it on now but don't really talk a whole lot.

5) Does anyone ever actually disconnect on PURPOSE??
Never have never will. If I'm beat I'm beat...I can take it.

6) If you take a hit (financially) do you move down?
Ex: Go from $50max to $25max
This may sound like bragging but I've never taken a hit. I started playing online poker 1 year ago and started with 50 bucks. Lost that and I've just been moving up slowly ever sense. I think I haven't taken a major hit that's forced me to move down because I'm very reluctant to move up. I play mostly the PL25 games and I want to try and move up to 50 but the difference is huge in my mind and I end up getting pushed out a lot.

7) Please rate the way you see the competition at each level
(from 25-200)...
Don't know....I only play the low level games. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I know I may be asking a lot, but I'm just curious about some of the ways the 2+2'ers think... I would really like some truthful insight to how some of you guys go about your business profiting on the internet... Try to answer as many questions as possible if you can. I mostly play Party NLHE ring games..... see you online.....

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-08-2004, 01:19 PM

1) Following previously played fish (i know you do) - Definitely

2) Monitoring how the chips are spread out
- One person with too many chips at a 6max bad or good??
- The more chips on the table the better??
I play at Party and recently Paradise. At party, definitely, why sit in a particular position you are not comfortable (i.e. - right of a big stack) when there are so many tables to choose from

3) Investigating to see if people may be working together on a table?? - Nope.

4) Talk to increase the chances of a call when holding a monster?? - Nope. Best way to do this is never show unless called.

5) Does anyone ever actually disconnect on PURPOSE?? - No, it is cheating. This said I still will not play without disconnect protection.

6) If you take a hit (financially) do you move down?
Ex: Go from $50max to $25max - Sometimes just to change it up. More then likely I will stop multi-tabling and concentrate on one game.

7) Please rate the way you see the competition at each level
(from 25-200)... At Party - pretty similar up to $200. $200 level has a tendency to be more passive.