Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2004, 11:57 AM

Default Re: Face-first into the $22 wall

I think you need to MUCH more thoroughly beat the 10/1 before you start hitting the 20/2. Although my observation is for Party, I feel that after you get comfortable and have a good ROI/ITM on Party 10/1, the 20/2 is almost a bit easier, as I think the players there are easier to read than your average 10/1 throw some money in the pot and slosh around guys.

But take your time. This isn't some sort of sprint. Beat one level, then slowly move up. And I force myself to play atleast 200 SNG's at each level before I've moved up (Although that was only 5/1 and 10/1).

Nick
Old 06-04-2004, 05:01 PM

Default Re: Face-first into the $22 wall

It sounds to me like you are playing too much. Go back to the 5s or 10s but dont play more the 2-3 per day. These games are stressful when played well, nothing like haveing to toss KK when an A hits the flop or the turn, and then having to toss A-J on a flop of A 10 4 because someone came over the top of you - then getting down the final four short stacked. It takes concentration, patience, and nerves.

You need to recognize when to fold, and when not too. Getting ran over a few times, it is tough to come back and play a good game. Especially if you made some laydowns that you dont know if they were right or not.