Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2004, 03:28 PM

Default Re: Does anyone play this differently on the bubble?

[ QUOTE ]
If you stop and go he may drop the hand on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

My point was simply that I don't want him to drop the hand.

If you did a stop-go and you knew he had 86, would you want him to fold to your $620 bet after that flop? I wouldn't. I want that additional $620. If you move all-in pre-flop, he doesnt get the chance to get away from the hand.

Also, don't forget the importance of protecting your blind. If he is stealing with garbage like 86, he's not going stop because you called him and let him see the flop for free. You need to send a message that you will come over the top of him for all your chips.
Old 05-26-2004, 03:34 PM

Default Re: Does anyone play this differently on the bubble?

"C) If you fold this hand, your essentially fighting for 2nd place money. and we all know the way these tourneys are set up, that 1st place money is the best! so go for the gold"

I dont buy this statement here, you are not down to there where fighting for 1st means you will be getting first or third, or you will be getting second.
here its first or fourth- and you still have decent postion in the game, especially with the small stack going allin on his next hand. (he essentially is with the maniac raising every hand). Also if the guy continues to play this way after the bubble you should have a good chance at going all in as a favorite pretty soon again.
that being said my chips are all-in in this pot . JJ against two random cards is jut to good to pass up- but i would be alot more carefull with a hand like AJ