Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2004, 10:26 AM

Default Re: 100% bonus up to 500$?

You know, I really don't care so much about the spam. If he has an offer to make, then let him make it. Doesn't bother me a bit. I do however object to commenting on other sites. When it comes to other sites a nice warm cup of STFU would really do the trick. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 05-20-2004, 11:04 AM

Default Re: Nutz, why are you slamming another site?

Nutz,
Perhaps your intentions would best be served if you had a second username for when you intend to post as a player so that these things don't happen. Whether or not your signature is attached is a bit nuanced for an internet messageboard crowd (I've done similar things to indicate varying levels of seriousness on other boards and it doesn't work). You have a very prominent avatar that is easily recognizable and instantly affiliates you with nutzpoker, regardless of your signature or lack thereof. You have to realize that you will always be seen as the marketing director for nutzpoker regardless of the content of your posts. Would you expect people to listen to Bill Gates talk about an iMac as a 'computer user' and not as the head of Microsoft? Your intentions may very well be 100% good, but it's not going to happen for you unless you come out with a different, ambiguous screenname showing no ties to your employer.

Patrick
Old 05-20-2004, 11:13 AM

Although, yes I am the maketing dirctor for NP - I am also a PLAYER

this means you play at OTHER sites, not nutz right? you would not play at nutz would you? all that hand history acess would give you too much information. i'm sure you meant other sites because all the reputal site officers have strict rules against playing their own site. like i said, i'm sure you are not playing at nutz, but please post the answer here so i can know for sure.

i think this is a very important issue to address for the sake of your own, but most importantly, the site's credibility. if it happens that you DO play your own site, please explain to us why this is ok.

thx ryan

Old 05-20-2004, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

this means you play at OTHER sites, not nutz right? you would not play at nutz would you? all that hand history acess would give you too much information. i'm sure you meant other sites because all the reputal site officers have strict rules against playing their own site. like i said, i'm sure you are not playing at nutz, but please post the answer here so i can know for sure.

i think this is a very important issue to address for the sake of your own, but most importantly, the site's credibility. if it happens that you DO play your own site, please explain to us why this is ok.

thx ryan

[/ QUOTE ]
He recently posted in a thread (I forgot which one now) that he only plays at other sites. Someone else then went on to ask why he didn't play at his own site and insisted that it wasn't necessary to keep off his own site's tables. I won't vouch for the second poster's intelligence.
Old 05-20-2004, 11:20 AM

Agreed, he can only damage his own and his site's reputation by doing this.

I used to post on a newsgroup that discussed certain specific types of software. One in particular had a very annoying method of copy protection that everyone complained about.

I later took a job with a company that sold this software as well as competing software. Shortly after this I replied to a post about the annoying copy protection and told about how I had avoided upgrading to this version because of it. The owner of the company who produced that software then sent an e-mail complaining about my post, and accusing me of promoting competitors' software over his. It was directed at me but it was sent to my boss.

I didn't get in any trouble for it but I felt bad since my boss spent many hours trying to smooth things over with this guy. After that, I could have taken an anonymous name for posting, but I just lost interest and stopped altogether.
Old 05-20-2004, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

thx ryan

[/ QUOTE ]
He recently posted in a thread (I forgot which one now) that he only plays at other sites. Someone else then went on to ask why he didn't play at his own site and insisted that it wasn't necessary to keep off his own site's tables. I won't vouch for the second poster's intelligence.

[/ QUOTE ]
I found where this happened. It was in the Best Online Poker Sites thread.

I guess you'll have to assume/trust that he's telling the truth.
Old 05-20-2004, 11:34 AM

Never heard of them.

As already mentioned - it's the terms attached to any deal that make it worth playing or worthless.

[ QUOTE ]
Bonus money will be added to your account as a percentage of your rake contribution.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice and vague on that one.
Old 05-20-2004, 11:47 AM

thank you for the link PdGP. the comment looks almost rhetorical in that thread so hopefully ryan will come here and declare he has NEVER played a hand at Nutz and never will. i would love to see those 2 statements in writing.

Old 05-20-2004, 11:48 AM

Talk about over-reacting. You people are out of control. Get off the guys Nutz!
Old 05-20-2004, 02:31 PM

Default Do you read your own posts before lodging them Nutz?

You state that you use your sig. as Marketing Director of Nutz when you are representing them. So, the first post you have to this thread you use your sig, so you are representing them by your own admission. And as the Marketing Director of Nutz, you should keep your mouth shut about other sites..........................Or stop posting all together. 95% of your posts are spam.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]