Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2004, 06:22 PM

Default Re: PT to Statking export?

Forgive my ignorance or general dumbness please, but there will be no problem importing hands from Party this way? Or anywhere else?
Old 08-22-2004, 07:41 PM

Statking doesn't deal with hands, it deals with sessions. I have tested Stars, Party, and Paradise, but as far as I know it should work with sessions from any site that PokerTracker supports.
Old 08-23-2004, 12:16 AM

Hmm. Well well. Had been interested in Pokerstat but never thought it could be useful to someone who didn't play on the two dang sites it was ready to play on. Sounds a little interesting to see how this might work now.
Old 08-23-2004, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm. Well well. Had been interested in Pokerstat but never thought it could be useful to someone who didn't play on the two dang sites it was ready to play on. Sounds a little interesting to see how this might work now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you confusing PokerStat with StatKing?

You can get a StatKing demo here:
http://conjelco.com/downloads/
Old 08-23-2004, 01:17 AM

Yeah I was confusing the two! Thanks for clearing things up. I'll go download the demo and see what the fuss is about.
Old 08-23-2004, 01:59 AM

Downloaded the demo. Not sure what to think yet except that the talking Sklansky and Malmuth heads are a little frightening.
Old 08-23-2004, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

To do the export:

<ul type="square"> [*]Filter your PT data as desired[*]Go to the session tab[*]Click the Start Time heading under Session Detail until the sessions are sorted date ascending[*]Click the "P" button next to Session Detail, then click Export[*]Do not uncheck any boxes, leave all defaults[*]Export to a Comma Separated file, call it in.csv, and save it to the same location as the PTtoSK.pl script[*]Run (double-click) the PTtoSK.pl script[*]The script will create an out.csv file, import this into StatKing[/list]
As usual there is no warranty, if you break your computer trying to do this, it's your responsibility.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi TimM,

Thanks for posting this. I'm having trouble, though, running the script. I've exported and saved the sessions in a text file called "in.csv" and put it in the same folder as the Perl script, but when I double-click the script, nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong? When you say, "Export to a Comma Separated file, call it in.csv, and save it to the same location as the PTtoSK.pl script," do you mean put it in the same folder as the PTtoSK.pl script, or something else? FYI - I'm operating on Windows ME.

I'd appreciate any assistance you can offer.

Thanks,

ts-
Old 08-23-2004, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for posting this. I'm having trouble, though, running the script. I've exported and saved the sessions in a text file called "in.csv" and put it in the same folder as the Perl script, but when I double-click the script, nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong? When you say, "Export to a Comma Separated file, call it in.csv, and save it to the same location as the PTtoSK.pl script," do you mean put it in the same folder as the PTtoSK.pl script, or something else? FYI - I'm operating on Windows ME.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, i meant they should be in the same folder.

Did you install Active Perl first? I've never used Windows ME, so I'm not sure if it will work there. I could try it at work tomorrow though, since we have an ME machine for testing.
Old 08-23-2004, 10:53 PM

I had the same problem originally as well (in Windows 2000).

I had to point the "in.csv" file to the ActivePerl application instead of Notepad or whatever it was pointing at before. Then double-click it and it should activate AP to run the script and output the file you need.
Old 08-25-2004, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had the same problem originally as well (in Windows 2000).

I had to point the "in.csv" file to the ActivePerl application instead of Notepad or whatever it was pointing at before. Then double-click it and it should activate AP to run the script and output the file you need.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for responding. Unfortunately, it seems like I am less computer literate than I thought. What do you mean when you write that I have to "point the "in.csv" file to the ActivePerl application instead of Notepad or whatever it was pointing at before"? How do I "point" the in.csv file somewhere?

Thanks again for your help.

ts-