Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2004, 07:51 AM

Default Re: that is what happened, down to the suits, how did you know?

I think you played it terribly when you sat down with your whole bankroll. That's what created the mess, and why getting called was a problem. If it had been any reasonable percentage of your bankroll, you'd be happy with the call. When it's 100% of your bankroll, you don't want a call, which makes the early push the best play in context. You should hope to win the pot there, then leave and join another table with fewer chips.
Old 05-03-2004, 08:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When it's 100% of your bankroll, you don't want a call, which makes the early push the best play in context. You should hope to win the pot there, then leave and join another table with fewer chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course this is only correct if he's going to fold. Since you can't be sure of that your correct play is to FOLD, then leave the table and join another with fewer chips.
Old 05-03-2004, 10:02 AM

I am going to go out on a limb here and assume that $115 was just his account balance at Party Poker and not his entire life savings.

I don't see anything wrong with risking a small amount of your overall net worth on a single hand. The account balance is easily replacable.

As far as the play of the hand, when the hero acts there are still four live hands other than his. A big raise is in order. A pot sized raise would be to $50, so I don't think an all-in raise to $115 is too much out of line.

Paul