Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2004, 02:19 PM

Default Re: What kind of deals do people have with their Affialates???

Hey - I'm sorry guys, this was supposed to be a PM - honest - I'm contacting Mat right now. Sorry.
Old 04-27-2004, 02:38 PM

you could have edited your post..
shameless..
Old 04-27-2004, 02:45 PM

I didnt know there were rake refund programs until i started reading this board. I generate a lot of rake and it seems to be foolish to not try to get some deal. I already have accounts at Party,Empire, and Multi but i guess i could open another one using a family member. Im trying to start an account at Intertops if it will let me.
Old 04-27-2004, 04:38 PM

Hey - I'm sorry guys, this was supposed to be a PM - honest - I'm contacting Mat right now. Sorry.

al,

you have been around here long enough to know that one minute later your post can be edited. you also put your portal addy directly in posts all the time. are we really to beleive that this was not calculated and that you are banking on numerous responses before mat gets the PM?

i'm sure your PM said something like
"mat, i blew it and once again violated the tos, please remove the spam active link from my post"

this covers your butt with him because you are using the ignorance defense, but the rest of us know better.

btw, i hear there are MUCH better operators to be found at www.bonuswhores.com as well as at http://www.icalledshotgun.com/

i am not affiliated, nor get a dime from either but if you are going to spam, then my friends get some free spam too. now this whole thread will have to come down because of your "forgetfulness"

c'mon man, you know better. don't insult us with the 1 minute after apology post.

Linda

Old 04-27-2004, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but you can't have an existing account or you are screwed

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok, I'm clueless too. I have an existing account on Party, and I've given party over $600 in rake playing 2/4 the last two weeks. It sounds like I'm supposed to be doing something to get a portion of that back.

This thread didn't clear up for me what an affiliate is. This sounds dumb, but: Who is affiliated to who? If I sign up with someone, am I "affiliated" with this other person, or is this other person "affiliated" with party?
Old 04-27-2004, 09:36 PM

It works like this, An affialiate is basically someone who has a deal with party (or whoever) where if they get someone to sign up through them, they get a percentage of that persons generated rake back. Now the affialtes in order to attract people to sign up under them offer you a percentage of the percentage they get.

So lets say I have affiliate status at empire. I get 25% of each players generated rake who I get to join empire. So say I offer you 60% of that if you join up under me. You are now getting 15% of your generated rake back. The only flaw with this is that you have to trust me, because its just on my word and honor only that I will send you the money I owe you. So when looking for an affiliate it is important to find out about their reputation before you agree to sign up under them. Because once you have an account somewhere, thats it, there is no going back and finding a different affiliate.

If you are looking for an affiliate PM me and I will tell you who mine is, I don't want to mention names because of the way things are around here I don't want to get anyone in trouble. But he is completely trust worthy.

Also generated rake works like this. Every hand you are dealt at the table, whatever rake is taken out of the pot in that hand divided by the number of players in the hand is how much rake you personally have generated. It isnt how much YOU actually paid.

Hope this helps clear it up some
Old 04-27-2004, 09:43 PM

Is it possible to become an affiliate yourself and sign-up a family relation say -my father...AND possibly play under his account to get back the FULL rebate either at Party or Empire?????
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-27-2004, 10:08 PM

Yes, it's possible, but not smart. Chances are Party will catch on and if they do, they'll close both your affiliate and playing accounts. I know of 2 people that this has happened to. Party takes it pretty seriously.

Cup
Old 04-28-2004, 02:56 AM

Default Offers - any advice?

I've gotten three offers via PM. Also some people asking me to email or PM them for details but I never did.

1) Offers 67% of his 20% at Party or Empire. Warns me to be skeptical of some of the newer affiliates because they sometimes have problems or get shut down for fraud. Claims to have a strong relationship with the staff of party and empire. Says he can track my rake to the penny whereas some other affiliates can not.

Also offered to mail me any 2+2 book as a sign of good faith after signing up and was very helpful in explaining things.

2) Offers me 80% of his 20%.

3) Offered 21% of MY total rake plus a $100 bonus for signing up.

I also got a PM from harboral, but promptly deleted it. =]

Second question- I don't live with any of my family- or necessarily talk to any of them. So how do I set up a second account?

Can I still use the same credit card that I used for my first account?
Old 04-28-2004, 04:12 AM

Default Re: Offers - any advice?

You should probably get a $100 bonus from all affiliates, so I would re-contact 1) and 2) about that. All affiliates are given sign-up codes and have options for giving bonuses. The 3 options are a free $25 on a deposit, 20% (max $100 bonus) deposit bonus, and a free entry into a Party-Poker Million Satellite (I think this is valued at like $32 or something). The $100 3) indicated is the 20% bonus.

Clearly, the 21% of your rake is the best monetary deal. For this deal to even exist, this person must have over $10k a month (I think) in revenue, because he then gets 25% of rake instead of 20%. So, I guess he is giving you 84% of his 25% rake rebate. If he is being truthful, this is clearly the best deal.

For Party, anyone should be able to track your revenues exactly, because they can set up an individual tracker for you. For Empire, individual trackers cannot be created anymore, though some people say that they have been around so long and generate so much rake through their affiliate system that they can do this. I have no confirmation of this, though others might.

I know of no affiliates being shut down for fraud, unless they themselves up or did so in essence by signing up a wife and funding it with their own credit card. However, others might know more about this.

I also have no idea how you can tell the difference between a new affiliate and an old affiliate.

Setting up a second account would be difficult to do without using some other form of funding for the account, especially if you became an affiliate and then used the same credit card to sign "someone" else up. You could in theory create an account for a family member without their consent, though this might create other problems for you.

So, in conclusion, 1) is offering 13.4% of your rake, 2) is offering 16%, and 3) is offering 21%. If all these amounts are truthful, your decision is easy. There are ways of computing the rake you should be due if you have Pokertracker. I have never done this, but there are threads about it if you search for them. Just remember, once you get an affiliate, you can't change it, so find someone good the first time.