Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2004, 09:06 PM

Default Re: 2+2 SNGs are on TUESDAY this week

Last week the US SNG filled in like 2 seconds. I'm sure people missed out, and because a second table never gets as many 2+2ers in it, they did't start a second table.

Simon
Old 04-20-2004, 09:23 PM

Default Re: 2+2 SNGs are on TUESDAY this week

Notice to all 2+2ers who don't get into the 9:30 game:

START ANOTHER ONE!

AleoMagus rules for the leaderboard are that if there are 8 (maybe it's 9) 2+2 players in the second game, the results will count toward the leaderboard.

Maybe we can get Aleo to clarify that.

Don't miss the game, just bring a lot of friends.

Doc
Old 04-20-2004, 09:38 PM

Default Re: US SNG game 9:30 EDT in 40 minutes

Are we not having it today? People began to register and then everyone left.
Old 04-21-2004, 10:14 AM

Clemson,
First game filled in about 15 seconds. I registered in a second one to try to lead for a second table, but after about 6 people registered, i unregistered because i just don't play 2 at a time, especially against you guys. I guess everyone else dropped out too. I was hoping we could get a second game. There was some talk about it on the tables but not enough registered for the 10:00 attempt. I guess if we are going to have two games, we need to drum up enough participation to make it worth while, and find somebody to lead the second game as Vinny did for a while. (He's very tied up with baseball at this time. In addition, I don't think it is fair to him to always be in the second game as he was for about 2 months). If you or anyone have some suggestions as to how to organize some more participation, I think we are all interested.

Doc
Old 04-21-2004, 10:55 AM

Default Hey Doc, check out new \"roll your own\" feature

You may want to look into Stars' new feature for scheduling your own private tourneys. They have to set up your Stars Id specifically for it in order for you to see the feature. They set me up with it as director of KotZ and it's pretty cool. You could set up a $10 tourney with a password that you could post to the board and then only readers of 2+2 would know how to get in and you wouldn't have that frenzy to quickly log in at the designated times in the SNG area.

Now, they wouldn't be strictly SNGs, they'd be regular tourneys, as big or small as the number of entrants you got. But an alternative to consider. You can email Lee Jones at pokermanager@pokerstars.com and ask to have the feature added for your Id.
Old 04-21-2004, 11:14 AM

You mentioned suggestions for handling participation. What about two US sngs, one at 8pm the other 930pm. We have more than needed for one but not enough for two to start at same time.

What about preregistering for each tourny on forum to have an idea about how many will be playing. That way a second tournie can be set up ahead of time if needed.

Also what were the results of the US sng last night
Old 04-21-2004, 11:19 AM

I was thinking about formally scheduling the second table too. I was thinking of having them closer together, like maybe the second one would be scheduled 5 minutes after the first.
Old 04-21-2004, 11:49 AM

I like the idea of having one that starts at 8:00. 9:30 can be a little late if you get up at 5:00 everyday.
Old 04-21-2004, 12:20 PM

I was waiting to get into the game last night and it seemed like registration began before 9:30. Did any body else notice this? Once the 'Stars clock changed to 9:30 a few of us signed up but we could not get the table full.

I have only played one 2+2 event so far (last week was my first). Can I be added to the PM list?

Thanks,

Bubbagump
Old 04-21-2004, 12:43 PM

Hi Guys,

I have tried 4 times to get into this game with no success. I will try maybe one more time, but after that it is just wasting time. Something needs to change. It seems like some players manage to get in every week....maybe they are tipped off somehow...I dunno....but it seems much like a private game at this point....

Pitcher