Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2004, 05:53 PM

Default Re: Why should I pay SS/Medicare Tax when its going bankrupt??

[ QUOTE ]
You're concerns are most certainly valid. It's laughable how other posters chastise you for pointing out something that is extremely relevant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Adios I normally agree with you but in this case I believe you are missing pertinent information. The original poster is an 18 year old college student who had no earned income last year. He is whining about something he hasn't even paid into yet. I feel no sympathy for him until he at least gets a job.

Wake
Old 03-29-2004, 09:43 PM

Adios, I totally agree with you that Social Security is a bad investment.

What I think is absurd is the assumption that people on this board are taking for granted. Where is the evidence that Social Security will be bankrupt by the time an 18 year old is retired?

Projections show that it will be underfunded in 2034 - 2037 (depending where you look) and we would have to raise the payroll tax by 1-2% or lower benifits some.

This is a problem, but it is a long way off, and projections could change as time goes on maybe up - maybe down, but historically the trustees have been very conservative. Even if the system hits a deficit sooner, in no way means that today's youths will not get a dime.
Old 03-31-2004, 07:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're concerns are most certainly valid. It's laughable how other posters chastise you for pointing out something that is extremely relevant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Adios I normally agree with you but in this case I believe you are missing pertinent information. The original poster is an 18 year old college student who had no earned income last year. He is whining about something he hasn't even paid into yet. I feel no sympathy for him until he at least gets a job.

Wake

[/ QUOTE ]
This makes no sense whatsoever. I am going to be paying taxes into a program that will be bankrupt as early as 2028.

And by the way, I just paid my 2003 Taxes and the first estimated payment of 2004, so I very much have reason to complain.
Old 03-31-2004, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And by the way, I just paid my 2003 Taxes and the first estimated payment of 2004, so I very much have reason to complain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Must I locate the thread where you wrote that all your 2003 income was from poker income and that you had never filed taxes before? Now if you filed 2004 estimated taxes that has nothing to do with FICA nor Medicare payments which is what this post is about.

Old 03-31-2004, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This makes no sense whatsoever. I am going to be paying taxes into a program that will be bankrupt as early as 2028.

[/ QUOTE ]

Medicare will be insolvent earlier than that.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured you must be one that pays taxes and yeah I think you do have a right to complain.