Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-2004, 01:37 AM

Default moving to las vegas....

i am planning a trip in april, part vacation part ideas of moving out to LV. I have lived in florida, NY and NJ in the past 2 years and its time for a change. Just a little personal background. Start off im 28.
I was engaged to be married this comming summer but my fiance of 4years got into a crazy break up and ever since i have been in limbo. right after we broke up i was playing softball in central park and tore my ACL in my knee. Cause it was during a staff softball game i received workmans comp, and i had the surgery feb.12th. Well my rehab finish's day before i leave for vegas in april. Between some other personal stuff im ready to move. I have a few friends on the west coast and 2 that live in vegas. I want to go out there not just for the poker but being single and 28 where else would be better? (ft lauderdale wasnt bad i spent 6 months there) My question to the locals is; Work and living. I have been reading the LVjournal and getting info on aprtments and so far not bad but its crazy finding out whats good areas and whats not. Jobs i would like to work in either sales or some form of sales. I have called a few loan officer positions and im in the process of getting the information on real estate licensing. Is this a good direction? I previously have done plenty of sales and have also worked in the education field.
Dont get me wrong i plan on playing alot of poker also so im not going to deny that but any help from locals would be greatly appreciated. thank you.....
PS i have some savings that would last me about 6 months prior to getting a job so im ok with that but i hate not working.