Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2004, 12:04 PM

Default Re: think i messed up this one

Should I have just check through,I didnt think anyone would try a CR after betting into me on the flop so I bet,but i was wrong

I don't think it's wrong to raise when it's checked to you but when you were CR'd, I think it should be easy to let it go (unless SB is very crazy). He 3 bet preflop, bet the flop and CR'd the turn. What hands do you think that he would have played like that? From his point of view, if he gives a free card, it's not very likely to hurt him.
Old 03-17-2004, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure if it's right or wrong, but I would have bet the turn against most Party opponents. He very easily could have QQ or JJ or KQ and be hoping for a path to a cheap showdown. Unless you have a reason to strongly suspect a checkraise, I think betting there is pretty routine.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are going to assume that the SB is a typical Party fish then you shouldn't put him on a QQ/JJ when he could just as easily have an AK/AQ or perhaps even an ATo or worse. It seems expensive to me to be initiating any betting in this situation.
Old 03-17-2004, 01:10 PM

I wasnt confused I was trying to determine what guido meant in his post
Old 03-17-2004, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, so what I did was ok?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I would fold after the turn C/R.

You want to figure out whether he has an ace or not. He bets, you raise, perfect, he calls. You still don't know, he could have a lower PP or he has an ace and will pop-up on the turn again.
Turn is a blank, he checks, you bet, he raises, [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] he has an ace, fold [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Guido