Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2004, 02:49 PM

Default Re: When wil I f%&$ing learn?!?

[ QUOTE ]

And lets not snear at the loose "one time calls" on the flop. That's real money even if they WILL fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the main reason I rarely slowplay the flop. Let say there is a bet a three callers to you on the flop. If you raise the flop, they will all call and you will get 2BB for a 1 sb investment. If you are lucky someone will 3-bet.

When you just call on the flop, too often the original bettor will bet and everyone will fold to you. So you get less money in the pot as a big favorite. Then there are the times when no one bets the turn or the bet comes from your immediate right and your raise will drive everyone out.

People love to call the flop and then fold on the turn. The flop is where you make your money in low limit holdem.
Old 03-16-2004, 02:54 PM

The flop is where you make your money in low limit holdem.

I think I make a lot of my money pre-flop as well.
Old 03-17-2004, 03:08 AM

Your so right....I learned the hard way a few years ago too..With sets and flopping 2 pair.....Once I had AK in the sb and the flop came A K 3....I wanted to get fancy and trap and was already counting these chips into my stack with like 6 players in the pot....I was first, I checked, everyone checked, Oh no!....the turn card was a 10, I checked ready for a check raise.....3rd player which is just a rock bets out first, and he would never bet without the best hand...set....or in this hand he has of course JQ the nuts.....everyone folded.....I called really knowing I was beat and just what he had.....the river was a blank....I checked he bet I called and he rolled over the nuts.....

If I would have just bet on the flop he would have never called for the 4 outer with 2 overcards......I played myself into a loser.....

I was PiXXed and from that hand on never slow play sets or 2 pair unless I am like heads up.....against a few players it is just wrong...
Old 03-18-2004, 11:12 AM

Yeah, thanks for that.

Actually, I'm not sure about FPS as much as being worried about leaving money on the table. When hitting the monster, I worry about playing too strongly 'cause I think everybidy but me is omniscient. Paranoid Android