Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2004, 07:02 AM

Default Re: thats 3 out of the last 4.

Apologies for not posting places. Even though I beat my std 8th I threw the towel in when I had to pick up my step-son earlier than expected (thus the call with T7 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) - ho hum.

Well played, AGAIN, Byron [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

stoneii
Old 03-17-2004, 10:09 PM

Default 20 Minutes notice!

Old 03-17-2004, 10:21 PM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob
Default Re: 20 Minutes notice!

The fish of the week (once again) will be there [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-18-2004, 01:22 AM

Default SNG WEDNESDAY RESULTS

Here are the results from tonights SNG.

1: mrplops (pekin), $72.00 (40%)
2: thomastem (Marengo), $54.00 (30%)
3: EdgyEddie (Morris Plains), $36.00 (20%)
4: tackleberry (E. Galesburg), $18.00 (10%)
5: jakemacd (Rochester),
6: heyrocker (Chicago),
7: asabear (Atlanta),
8: capricorne1 (charlotte),
9: MobyDick (København),
10: BJ1981 (Manhattan),
11: XlgJoe (lindley),
12: colgin (New York),
13: d9090 (Chinese Camp ),
14: bort (Charlotte),
15: reedone (collingswood),
16: MR AXE (PARTILLE),
17: zackgold (New York),
18: codewarrior (Mentor),

Well done to Critterdude who finished highest among the 2+2ers. Post your good, bad, and ??? hands as usual.

Sorry I was unable to play, but your ole Doc slipped a disk in his lower back Thursday night. Quite painful as you may know. I simply cannot play poker when taking Codeine, Soma, and Valium. (Painkiller, and two muscle relaxants.) Well, I could but then even William would beat me.

Maybe next week.

Doc
Old 03-18-2004, 02:19 AM

Default Re: SNG WEDNESDAY RESULTS

I think you're holed up with a Spurs cheerleader, discussing low post moves. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 03-18-2004, 03:09 AM

Default To William:

I hope you don't find the occasional ragging offensive. It's kind of like the minor league pitcher bragging about getting a fastball by Barry Bonds. (would have used a football analogy, but I just don't know any soccer players).

Doc [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 03-18-2004, 09:09 AM

Actually, we were also discussing the advantages of lack of front court coverage.

D [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-18-2004, 09:39 AM

This was a really bizarre SNG for me. After building up my stack to about 5K with a couple questionable calls that got lucky, I sank like a rock in the space of two rounds or so. Some of it was my own fault, I remember calling a minraise from EdgyEddie in the BB with T9s, and the flop came Q9x. This is from memory, but it's close. Edgy bet around 300 (at 75/150). Now I didn't think the flop hit him, but I didn't have the balls to push it so I just called. Turn a blank, again a bet and call. River A. He only had like 500 left so I called his all in and he flipped A4. Doh. It was just downhill from there, and after a couple miracle all in wins I thought I had it home free when I hit AA and got two callers - Ah2h and A7o. Alas, MrPlops flushed and I was gone.

Hey does anyone else think we shouldn't do this during WPT? Not only is it distracting but popular opinion seems to be that schools of fish play while its on and I'd rather be out frying them than each other.
Old 03-18-2004, 10:10 AM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob
Default Re: To William:

[ QUOTE ]
I hope you don't find the occasional ragging offensive. It's kind of like the minor league pitcher bragging about getting a fastball by Barry Bonds. (would have used a football analogy, but I just don't know any soccer players).

Doc [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess this one is about me [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

I know I haven't been doing so well at the SNGs lately, but you guys are getting waaaaay too good for my standard game [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

On the other hand, I've been doing very well (far away from you tighties) the past few weeks and it's nice to see that you still remember me.
Can't remember who said it first, but love me or hate me, just don't ignore me [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Hope you're soon back on your feet Doc, I'll be donating some of my money again next week [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

William
Old 03-18-2004, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hey does anyone else think we shouldn't do this during WPT? Not only is it distracting but popular opinion seems to be that schools of fish play while its on and I'd rather be out frying them than each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry I couldn't be with you guys last night. I came home excited to give my money away when I realized... Internet was down and probably will be for a few days. So now, I'm doing my surfing at *ahem* work.

Second, I'd figure that the fish come out AFTER the WPT broadcast, not during. (Though I don't know for sure). I just tape WPT, play the SnG, fry the fish, then watch the tape.