Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2004, 11:59 AM

Default yawn -nm-

Old 01-23-2004, 12:08 PM

Default Re: scary

How could you determine someone's suicidal tendencies based on their internet based forum posts?

Easy, have you read his posts? I'm no psychologist, but to me he doesn't look that stable in his mind.

Joke or not, the topic is serious stuff and I err on the cautios side until I know for sure, and do not joke about it myself. You shouldn't either.
Old 01-23-2004, 12:12 PM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC

i agree with being cautious, but he is probably just about waking up now with a major hangover and realizing the crap he pulled last night, if he made that joke here imagine what he might have done in "real life" situations. or he is attempting to get a most viewed thread again like he did with the Stu Ungar stuff, he was very proud of that.
Old 01-23-2004, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Ryan_21 is dead

Disclaimer: Suicide is bad and we should all take this seriously, etc etc.

Fact: This person needs counseling.

Fact: The world needs counseling if Tupac Shakur is going to be held up as an idol/icon.

Thug life blah blah so cool, so down, so...moronic.

Hey Ryan--look at it this way: After you manage to NOT kill yourself, everything else is gravy, right? Get yourself to Bimini or Costa Rica or Key West or someplace, have a drink, and chill. Be a bum if you feel like it.

Good luck.
Old 01-23-2004, 12:43 PM

I'm not sure joke is the right word, but my money says this post is about getting attention.
Old 01-23-2004, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Easy, have you read his posts? I'm no psychologist, but to me he doesn't look that stable in his mind.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree. All his posts do seem to have the common theme of making profound controversial statements to get a reaction or some sort of attention, this falls right in line with that.

[ QUOTE ]
Joke or not, the topic is serious stuff and I err on the cautios side until I know for sure, and do not joke about it myself. You shouldn't either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Be cautious how? what could you or I anyone do to have an effect on this?
Old 01-23-2004, 01:07 PM

Personally, I don't take any jokes about suicide lightly. I hope it's a joke, I wish it's a joke (albeit not funny at all), but I don't know. And so I would always err to the side of caution.

Perhaps moderators of this forum have access to more information? IP address and so on? Perhaps someone knows Ryan_21 personally on the forum?

Frankly, if I knew who this person was I'd do two things immediately -- I'd send EMS/cops to his house and call him. As I can't do this, maybe someone else can.

Suicide jokes/threats are not something to screw around with.
Old 01-23-2004, 01:16 PM

In any case, authorities should probably be notified, because he might be a danger to someone else.

Suicide is such a mean way to escape, because it leaves the people who cared about you hurting so much. They always have the nagging feeling that they could have or should done something to stop it.

From previous conversations with Ryan, I believe there are others who depend on him. I hope he doesn't go through with this. He is an adult, and should be able to make his own decisions, but I don't think decisons made while drunk are those of an adult...surely not a responsible one.

Ryan, get your head out of the dark, and get rid of your guns or the alcohol...one or the other.
Old 01-23-2004, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure joke is the right word, but my money says this post is about getting attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, "suicide gestures" (a clinical term for threats, attempts, etc.) are also often about "getting attention"; even more unfortunately, sometimes those grabs for attention succeed as suicides....

I find this disturbing, whethere it is serious or a "joke"....
Old 01-23-2004, 01:38 PM

I find this disturbing, whethere it is serious or a "joke"....

Ryan, if you are reading this (and I hope you are) and are too embarassed to say anything, PM one, or all, of the many people in this thread (including me) who are concerned about you.

It may only be an internet forum, but you would be surprised how many friends you have got around here.

Lori