Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2004, 04:54 PM

Default Re: Party chat about PS cheating?

[ QUOTE ]
You have to consider that in these scandunavians countries, poker is illegal and has mostly been played by semicriminals with no scruples.

[/ QUOTE ]

No poker is not illegal in Norway, and to say that it is mostly played by semicriminals are not based on facts but on you getting a cheap point in with no proof. (however many players are withouth scruples [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I think groups of cheaters are active in lots of countries, mainly from young players who cheat in packs, and mainly from the US but thats because most players are from the US.

Now if you are worried about cheaters from Sarpsborg, I can inform you that I used to hold a job where I conducted IQ tests in different districts of Norway, and that place was hitting rock bottom in results.

I was once approached by an american player whom I had given my email to as I had sent him a letter concerning strategy for new pokerplayers (which I used to send out to anybody that I did refer a friend for).
Well, he was still losing (way to loose) and emailed me to try to get me to play with him as a team.
Anybody who knows me would never approach me with such an offer, the door hit him on the back of his head as he was pronto excluded at the site he was playing after I forwarded the email to sitesecurity.

I suggest you do the same William on your friends that you know are cheating, as that is only way to keep poker cleaner, the sites need lots of help to keep the cheaters out.
Old 01-22-2004, 05:14 PM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob

[ QUOTE ]
No poker is not illegal in Norway, and to say that it is mostly played by semicriminals are not based on facts but on you getting a cheap point in with no proof.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but poker IS illegal in Norway (cardrooms are) and I have plenty of proofs. The difference between you and I is that I risk a lot more than what you do by pointing my finger to the cheaters.

I have commented about this before. I know that it is like talking to a wall. Most players prefer not listening to the truth. That would mean they would have to consider how wise it is to play among dishonest people. And we don't want to put ourselves in that situation, do we? We want to play and believe we can avoid all dangers and spot all cheaters. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Bottom line, what do I care, it's your money(yours in general, not yours in particular HB)

PS. Shortly after 24hours poker opened, I posted saying how a group of danish players was milking the high tables of PLO.
I was practically assaulted by both 24h support and several posters from here. Today those cheaters have moved on and 24h is a ghost site, but I can inform you that the particular group I was referring to made over 2,2 million dollars in a little more than 6 months.

To anybody who wishes to comment/challenge what I am writting, I will just say that until you have played at a table filled with bank robbers, drug dealers and bikers, your opinion doesn't really interests me.

Take care (if you can)
William
Old 01-22-2004, 05:20 PM

lmao
Old 01-22-2004, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Get 90-95.5% of your rakes back while playing at Party Poker or Empire Poker. PM me for details

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW! You're better than the 66 2/3% (wouldn't 2/3 just be easier instead of a decimal/fraction combo) guy!!!! I ask you the same thing. Since you only get 20-25% from party/empire, are you gonna make up the other 70+%? If so, sign me up. What a great deal!!!!
Old 01-22-2004, 07:17 PM

Poker is not an illegal game in Norway.

It is not illegal to gamble online on foreign sites, nor is it illegal to play poker for money in your own home with friends.

That said, it IS illegal to play poker in a public place without permission from the police, or to organize games where the "house" makes money from the games. This is to prevent private forms of gambling companies.

All forms of gambling goes through govermental institutions, where the income goes to charity.
Old 01-22-2004, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Poker is not an illegal game in Norway.

It is not illegal to gamble online on foreign sites, nor is it illegal to play poker for money in your own home with friends.

That said, it IS illegal to play poker in a public place without permission from the police, or to organize games where the "house" makes money from the games. This is to prevent private forms of gambling companies.

All forms of gambling goes through govermental institutions, where the income goes to charity.

[/ QUOTE ]

I call that illegal. Same conditions we have in Denamrk.
Old 01-22-2004, 10:11 PM

Champion99 playing right now at PokerStars, so rumors that he has been banished from the site ar false.
Teamchampion99 also playing, but has changed his adress from sarpsborg to Frdrikstad
Old 01-22-2004, 10:23 PM

It is completely legal for a Norwegian resident to play on Party or on PokerStars.
Old 01-22-2004, 10:29 PM

Of course it is. I meant that playing live in Norway is not legal. You cannot organize a tourney, and advertize or have a legal cardroom.
Do I really have to explain something so obvious? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 01-22-2004, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To anybody who wishes to comment/challenge what I am writting, I will just say that until you have played at a table filled with bank robbers, drug dealers and bikers, your opinion doesn't really interests me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played at quite a few tables full of bank robbers, drug dealers, and bikers so I guess I'm qualified to have an opinion. I really don't have an opinion but I'd like you to do me a favor. Send this post to my first ex-wife so she'll know those games qualified me for something. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]