Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2004, 11:08 PM

Default Re: Hourly Rate in No Limit?

good points... all true Crock..with small stack sizes at Party I lose my stack 2-4 times a day .Once or twice even on good days and 3-4 times on chitty days on average.
I'd say 300-500 hours would give you a decent ideal of your play
at multi tables ..anyone can do that in month or so quite easily with determination.
Old 01-19-2004, 04:12 PM

Default Re: Hourly Rate in No Limit?

first time poster myself...been semi-following the forums for a month or two

i started on UB with play money in early october with no previous HE experience, and i have played strictly NL from the beginning...i guess you could say my 'inspiration' was the Harper's article by James McManus about the WSOP (http://www.findarticles.com/cf_0/m11...64/print.jhtml)...

since then i've bought TOP and read hellmuth and positively fifth street, and progressed from play money to .01/.02 to .10/.25 to .25/.50 to .50/1...my reasoning for a progressive moveup being that i don't have a lot of money, and i still have university debt to pay off, so i wanted to build my bankroll from the ground up...and so far, my $25 buy in on UB is now worth $1411.85, and seems to be increasing almost exponentially with more experience and higher stakes

anyways, about hourly rate...for starters, it sounds like UB is probably a tougher site than Party, but since i haven't played Party, i can't really comment on that...i also cant give pokertracker numbers, which are probably the most accurate, because i only started using it a few days ago

but based on my www.pokercharts.com info, using an approximate Hours Played (although i think its probably fairly accurate), and averaging 2 tables at a time, my hourly rates have been:

.10/.25: 13 sessions, avg. 2.92 hours per session, $7.65/hr
.25/.50: 14 sessions, avg. 3.75 hours per session, $12.68/hr
.50/1: 4 sessions, avg. 5.00 hours per session, $22.18/hr

i know i need more sessions to have a more accurate picture of things, especially given NL variance, but they look about right, with hourly rate increasing by ~2 with doubled stakes...i believe hourly rate would be right on 2 given more time at a stakes because the first few sessions are a transition period where the hourly rate isn't so good

see ya at the tables
arkose

ps. is there any feeling in the world like winning a huge hand? my second night of .50/1 i won a hand worth $411 with my fh taking down the flush...ya gotta love it [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]