Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2003, 06:51 PM

Default Re: Share your biggest suckout win.

Playing in the OIC in August and had worked my way up to the 10/20 level. My normal limits were 2/4 and 3/6 and I had never played 10/20 in my life at this point.

So I'm sitting at at short handed 10/20 and get 44 in the BB. I get a free flop of J84 rainbow. Turn is a K and it's capped between me and one other player. River is my one outer, the case 4. My opponent had 88. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2003, 06:51 PM

she said "not if it stops me from climbing on top of her".....so I guess not.
Old 12-12-2003, 07:14 PM

Not quite the biggest suckout, since 99 would win for you as well.
Old 12-12-2003, 07:16 PM

$3/$6 at the TAJ

I am the button with 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Flop comes A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Turn is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and the river is the magical 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I beat a nice old lady who held A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

She spent the next ten minutes yelling and screaming at me as she got up and left. I almost felt sorry for her but then thought better of it and stacked her, I mean my chips. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2003, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pot limit 7 card-stud; I started with rolled up 8s, hit the case 8 on 6th street, against my wife who started with trip 10s and had filled up on 5th. To be fair most of the money went in when I was ahead, but it was going in anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you talking about the hand or your marriage?
Old 12-13-2003, 04:51 AM

Today on Paradise, a $1 multi table NLHE tourney.

Blinds at 1500/3000, late in tourney, I try to steal with a 9000 bet on 43o. Get called all-in by the BB with T1250. I look at the pot odds and think, what the hey, and call. He flips over JJ...

I get a 3 on the flop and a 4 on the river to send him home

I felt bad for about 3 seconds, but I got over it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2003, 08:19 AM

I don't recall the exact hand except that I had pocket 7's. The flop brought a set over set over set situation with 7's being bottom set. Lots of money got in the pot capping every street and I caught a river 7 for quads while filling up my opponents. It was a nice pot [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2003, 09:58 AM

About six months ago on party, I flopped set of eights - turn and river were both sixes and I lost to quadzilla. . .
Old 12-13-2003, 10:57 AM

In the only SNG tourney I ever won, I was heads up and received 43o in the BB. My opponent completed in the SB and I took the free flop which was T74. Since I was headsup and had caught a bit of the flop, I bet large, trying to take it down right there. My opponent raised all in, and I called. He exposed KK and I realized he had sandbagged me. Of course, when a 3 hit the river, he let loose with the expletives big time. I realize that I had 5 outs to win postflop, but anytime 43o beats KK heads up, that is a suckout in my book.
Old 12-13-2003, 11:58 AM

OR loss...

in a tourney i have about T1500
blinds 200/300

Loose UTG raises preflop - has me covered
everyone folds to me. I call with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Flop comes A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Im thinking "MONEY!!"

He bets into me for 500
I reraise all-in

i show the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
He shows A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

bummer....