Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2003, 11:40 AM

Default Re: How\'s my play with QJo?

It's Slavics hand decoder, found on
www.team-skilz.com.
I found it on a link on crockpots webpage
www.winningonlinepoker.com (follow the link "Guide to the 2+2 forums).
Old 11-26-2003, 12:47 PM

Hey Henke:

QJo has been a problem hand for me. I generally only play it from late position for one bet. That being said, I agree with the rest of the crowd that in hand 2, you should fold to the pre-flop raise.

However, while everyone agrees about folding pre flop on hand 2, no one commented on the actual play of the hand and I was interested what others thought. FWIW, I do not like the flop check raise. I understand you are in a position to try and shut others out of the hand, but all you have is middle pair and a backdoor straight draw, against a pf raiser with an A on the board. I am not sure that being aggressive here is the right play. I would be more inclined to check call (you have odds for your 5 outs, if you think they are good) or check fold. But I am a bit weak tight sometimes [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

On the turn, I do not like your 3-bet. He does not seem all that impressed with your flop c/r and then your turn bet. When he raises your turn bet, what hands do you think he has that you can beat (that warranted a pf raise from a reasonable player)?--AK, KK, KQ. What hands beat you?--AA,QQ,JJ,AQ,AJ. (Is this too narrow a range of hands to consider from a decent MP who raised after 2 ep limps?) I certainly do not advocate folding here...I am calling this to the river here every time, but I am not sure I like the 3- bet.

I was disappointed that more people did not comment beyond the pf call. I hope others will, 'cause I may be way off here.

--Rico
Old 11-26-2003, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

However, while everyone agrees about folding pre flop on hand 2, no one commented on the actual play of the hand and I was interested what others thought. FWIW, I do not like the flop check raise. I understand you are in a position to try and shut others out of the hand, but all you have is middle pair and a backdoor straight draw, against a pf raiser with an A on the board. I am not sure that being aggressive here is the right play. I would be more inclined to check call (you have odds for your 5 outs, if you think they are good) or check fold. But I am a bit weak tight sometimes [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree the checkraise is debatable, but I was a bit paranoid from the "first" hand above (same session), and I didn't want to make the mistake of not getting hands like KJ and KT out if I managed to make my hand.

[ QUOTE ]

On the turn, I do not like your 3-bet. He does not seem all that impressed with your flop c/r and then your turn bet. When he raises your turn bet, what hands do you think he has that you can beat (that warranted a pf raise from a reasonable player)?--AK, KK, KQ. What hands beat you?--AA,QQ,JJ,AQ,AJ. (Is this too narrow a range of hands to consider from a decent MP who raised after 2 ep limps?) I certainly do not advocate folding here...I am calling this to the river here every time, but I am not sure I like the 3- bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are probably right, but a short analysis shows there are 26 possible AK, KK, KQ, and 17 possible AA, QQ, JJ, AQ, AJ. But then on the other hand, would he raise the turn with AK, KK and KQ? Probably not with KK and KQ, so that just leaves 12 possible hands I could beat that he might rerasise with [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img], so then you are right. Well, lesson learned! (I hope).

Thanks for your reply!
//Henke
Old 11-26-2003, 04:08 PM

If all fold to the Button who raises, and I'm in the SB with QJo, I 3-bet without hesitation.

In Hand 1:

You played fine until the turn, where I would've bet out. In an unraised pot, nobody usually has a K. I would think I still most likely have the best hand, and if not, I have plenty of outs. On the river, I would've check-called to induce a bluff. Since you bet, would you have folded to a single raise?

In Hand 2:

Muck preflop. Since you didn't, I check-fold the flop. Save your chips for better situations.

GoT