Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2003, 01:05 AM

Default Nice Post

I've always thought it's the sheer naughtiness of it, especially with some of the naughtier accessories (cigars, alcohol, drugs, women), combined with the hallucinatory state, that makes it the boyish fantasy you describe. You've captured it spot on in this post. Non-poker decisions become not just impossible, but unbelievably unimportant.

BTW, was it Prince, or the poker player formerly known as Prince? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Great post.
Old 11-26-2003, 01:32 AM

Default Re: Nice Post

Thanks Andy and others. And it was Prince, the poker player formerly known as Prince...He played 10 hands in 8 hours, and lost like a gentleman, even when Shampoo three-bet his aces pre-flop with 78o, and caught the second seven on the turn. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Agreed, decisions just...mellow into the background. Do I really care whether I get a tea or a coffee to go with my breakfast? I just want caffeine and eggs, YOU handle the details.

-Diplomat
Old 11-26-2003, 02:00 AM

Default Re: Why I play poker. (very short)

Whew.

I was SURE Jackie Gleason was not Canadian.
Old 11-26-2003, 04:25 AM

Default Re: Why I play poker. (very long)

Great Post. I am watching WILD ON E at the same time. Good literature and great skimpily clad young girls. What a combination.

As far as I know, no one has written the great American novel about poker yet. You could be the one. Great writing style. Like a nice short story!!!!

Really captures a slice of life.

While I liked Rounders, the film, I am still waiting for the great American poker movie. Rounders is not it. It's entertaining. But not quite there.

Hope the great American poker novel gets written and the great American poker movie gets made before I die.