Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2003, 05:26 AM

Default Re: What constitutes a raked hand at GC?

Is it just me or did this not answer the question asked?

Old 11-06-2003, 05:31 AM

Nope, not just you.

(Still waiting for status on the $50 bonus from my $30 deposit Sunday night.)
Old 11-06-2003, 09:24 AM

Default This is the Mumbo Jumbo u get from support N/M

Old 11-06-2003, 09:39 AM

Default Huh?

TGC,

We don't care what formula or whatever you use to deduct the rake from the pot. Well, we do but that wasn't the question. The question is really very simple. In terms of deciding what a "Raked Hand" is for bonus calculation. At what point does a hand count toward my bonus? Is it...

1. I receive cards in any position then the hand is played out so a rake is collected whether I play through or not.

2. I receive cards and play the hand until a rake is taken from the pot.

In even simpler terms...DO I HAVE TO PLACE MONEY IN THE POT AND A RAKE IS TAKEN BEFORE IT IS COUNTED?

Old 11-06-2003, 11:16 AM

Default OK, what the heck?

I happened to notice that the TGC poster was here after our questions and clarifications were posted. I went to "Who's Online" and saw that TGC was reading the thread. He/she posted on another thread but decided not to take a minute to answer the relatively simple question asked here. I'm not the suspicious type usually but [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

The question is really simple...Do you have to put money into the pot and stay in a hand until a rake is taken for that hand to be counted as a "raked hand" for a bonus?
Old 11-06-2003, 01:09 PM

Default Re: OK, what the heck?

that was much clearer than what I ask and is exactly the information that I was looking for.

Thank you for wording it better.
Old 11-06-2003, 01:49 PM

Default Just got this from the TGC 3K Freeroll post

From Gaming Club:

Gaming Club's Response

Ok Ok Ok.

Freeroll - The guys at Prima were testing using 100 raked hands as an entry requiremennt for the tourney but it seems like not many people liked this (although loads of people qualified). From tonight this will be reduced to 25 raked hands over the last 24 hours to enter the $3k Freeroll

On the subject of how many raked hands you have done, currently this information is only available by contacting our contact centre. The good news is that within the next few days we will have this information for you within the software.

*edited to include the link to the actual post*
Old 11-06-2003, 06:53 PM

I concur how can GamingClub guy not answer this question clearly???grrr..looks to me from prior posts if you are only qualifying for raked hands on ~25% of total hands dealt then obviously you have to see the flop either from in or out of the blind and the pot must be raked by whatever minumum they use..It would be nice to get a clarification on this... not for OIC reasons but for qualifying for Freeroll tournies.The PlayCheck tab should clearly show "raked hands"as a subset of played hands SO we do not have to call up Customer Service to find where we stand ..this goes for any Prima site.

Old 11-07-2003, 02:29 AM

Default Re: Huh?

[ QUOTE ]
TGC,

We don't care what formula or whatever you use to deduct the rake from the pot. Well, we do but that wasn't the question. The question is really very simple. In terms of deciding what a "Raked Hand" is for bonus calculation. At what point does a hand count toward my bonus? Is it...

1. I receive cards in any position then the hand is played out so a rake is collected whether I play through or not.

2. I receive cards and play the hand until a rake is taken from the pot.

In even simpler terms...DO I HAVE TO PLACE MONEY IN THE POT AND A RAKE IS TAKEN BEFORE IT IS COUNTED?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess i thought that it would be nice and thorough to go through the entire story for those that are not familiar. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

To answer your question:

You have to place money in the pot and rake has to be deducted from it to be considered a raked hand.
Old 11-07-2003, 11:03 AM

Default Tough requirements

Think I'll stick to Party Poker if those are the requirements.