Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2003, 10:14 PM

Default Re: Results (Sorry For The Delay)

I'm still not convinced. Given your read, it's a good play, obviously. But I think that usually, the SB will be fairly strong.

By the way, I don't think I would have checked the turn. My experience with these maniacs who all of a sudden forget to bet the flop (and are not slowplaying) is that they are kind of saying "haha. you thought I was going to bet, but I have nothing and am going to not give you any more money." I think more often than not, they end up checking the turn, too. But maybe this is a different breed of maniac.

Given that you did not put him on a monster (that he will 4-bet with), he may be drawing to 6-9 outs, so I like your reraise. All the more so if it will cost you at most $12 against the SB.

For all those that advocate betting the flop. In a way, it's easier to play, yes. But it seems like now you're making his auto-bet when you check very profitable. Moreover, I think you're giving up that extra bet very often. I'm still in auto-check-raise mode here, especially with the lack of danger from free cards.
Old 11-06-2003, 11:48 PM

Default Re: A Hand From My First Ever 20/40 Session

SB puts wild guy on the steal and shows some muscle. You, with the flush draw, try and press over him. Aggressive poker at it's best.