Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2003, 08:29 PM

Default Re: replies to all thus far

"it took me awhile to realize that when i was annoyed to put my money in the pot, it virtually always meant i shouldn't have been there in the first place"

That's a pretty profound statement. I often encountered the same, and still do infrequently encounter this in hold em. Generally in hold em the rule "raise or fold" helps unravel times like these; O8 is certainly a new animal for me, and while I understand the concept, the thought of "I have the best hand one way only, I might want to check in case I get redrawn/chopped" is still something I need to work on. Great point.

"microstakes it may be, but the pot still got to nearly $200. that's a lot to invest with a hand like this."

Yep. Which was part of the reason I posted this to begin with- what I saw as a dollar-or-so preflop mistake, with implied odds in case I hit ended up being quite costly. Great game, I was thinking to myself on the way home last night- how interesting that you can make the nuts and the correct play is to fold.

Regards

Leon
Old 10-28-2003, 02:58 AM

Default Re: PLO8- getting halved

i'm doing my best. this game is hard to explain! i'm hoping that stewart reuben's new book will include some content on pot limit omaha hi-lo.

i did put a quiz up that includes assessment of starting hands out of position, and i hope to have a new quiz before the end of the week.