Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2003, 06:45 PM

Default Re: Poker Tracker Question

As usual Rachele, you are correct! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2003, 11:16 PM

ok.. and since i play exclusively on party poker, i can now see where nottom and i would disagree.
Old 10-21-2003, 12:35 PM

Does anyone know if an 'alias' can be set up between Empire and Party? It looks to me like it can't; I'd like to combine stats at those two.
Old 10-21-2003, 01:10 PM

I certainly don't see why not ... why do you think you can't?
Old 10-21-2003, 02:15 PM

Yes, i set an alias to join Empire and Party stats and it works fine. You can also join your Pokerstars too, i don't see why not.
Old 10-21-2003, 05:46 PM

Yes, you can create unlimited aliases, even if you change your name on the same site at a later date. V1 used to restrict you but v2 does not.
Old 10-21-2003, 05:53 PM

I think this makes sense. I either read or got the general impression by dealing out random hands that the average winning hand in a lose multi-way low limit ring game would be about two pair.

But in order to get two pair, you may need to be in their with top pair top kicker, betting and raising. So you will inevitably lose some of these one pair hands.

All you can do it minimize the chances of losing by playing high card high kicker, or high suited connectors. And paying close attention to how much strength your opponents are showing, I would imagine.
Old 10-21-2003, 07:01 PM

I believe the reason I am losing money with one pair is because I simply call people down too much with one pair. My big pairs get cracked on the end, I get raised - I call 100% of the time. Clearly this is too often. I don't want people taking shots at me because it's tough to realize it quickly when playing as many short tables as I do. But, I'm losing money, so I need to adjust my strategy.

Over the last 3 days - I'm even in this category - A marked improvement. But, over the last 2 days, I'm actually winning money with 1 pair. I've been focusing on this and it's helped. My overall BB/hour has gone up considerably during this time frame as well.

This is the short term, but it feels like it's a good change long term too. Thanks for the responses in this thread.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

soda
Old 10-21-2003, 08:34 PM

I've got 21,515 hands at 3/6.

I'm only winning $13 with one pair which I've had 633 times. I think I may be calling a bit too often and not value betting one pair enough.

I've had high card 129 times and lost $915. I looked at some of these. They are mostly drawing hands that got checked around on the river.

High card is the only thing I am losing with. High card has won 20% of showdowns and one pair has won 40%.
Old 10-22-2003, 10:15 AM

Yeah, I think High Card is more of an issue than One Pair - With one pair it is probably possible to make a tidy profit, but with high card - all those times you miss draws, all the times everyone checks on the end despite having a better hand when you were going to fold anyway - these all hurt this statistic and skew the numbers bad.

BTW - I'm at 9,000 hands and down $1600 with one pair! Yikes.

soda